JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not making this a TrashNo Land event. I haven't said anything on our FB page. It's a NWFA member thing. It's just a few people out to do some shooting and did a cleanup while there. Certainly, I'll post about the extra efforts these recreation enthusiasts did and will mention they are members of NWFA.

It's nothing more than a display of responsible shooters doing what we can to improve and save the shooting sports on public lands. We clean up as we play.

If no one else is going to camp Friday night, I'll bag that idea and simply leave extra early in the morning (I gotta drive all the way from Washougal!). So let me know by early Friday if you plan to camp and I'll stick with the camping plan.

Was hoping to get some video of shooting steel at dusk on Friday evening. We can shoot up to a half hour after sunset and that's a good time to capture sparks off the steel. Problem is, I don't have any steel targets.

I'd also like to get some of the lumber off the lanes and start a campfire with it on Friday evening. I'm bringing a cordless sawzall and a chainsaw to cut it up. We'll probably need to keep burning through Saturday morning.

Post up if you plan to be there. I want an idea of how many hotdogs & buns to get for lunch. I'm bringing the portable BBQ unit.

Thanks,

Bill

I'll see what I can pull off. Maybe Friday night. Not a big fan of camping up there with the yahoos driving through at all hours of the night. Get little sleep if any. Unless I drink myself to sleep, then I'm just hungover for the clean up.

If we camp, we close the gate!

I'll see what I can pull off. Maybe Friday night. Not a big fan of camping up there with the yahoos driving through at all hours of the night. Get little sleep if any. Unless I drink myself to sleep, then I'm just hungover for the clean up.

If we camp, we close the gate!
Good. I'll bring a lock and chain.

I am not making this a TrashNo Land event. I haven't said anything on our FB page. It's a NWFA member thing. It's just a few people out to do some shooting and did a cleanup while there. Certainly, I'll post about the extra efforts these recreation enthusiasts did and will mention they are members of NWFA.

It's nothing more than a display of responsible shooters doing what we can to improve and save the shooting sports on public lands. We clean up as we play.

If no one else is going to camp Friday night, I'll bag that idea and simply leave extra early in the morning (I gotta drive all the way from Washougal!). So let me know by early Friday if you plan to camp and I'll stick with the camping plan.

Was hoping to get some video of shooting steel at dusk on Friday evening. We can shoot up to a half hour after sunset and that's a good time to capture sparks off the steel. Problem is, I don't have any steel targets.

I'd also like to get some of the lumber off the lanes and start a campfire with it on Friday evening. I'm bringing a cordless sawzall and a chainsaw to cut it up. We'll probably need to keep burning through Saturday morning.

Post up if you plan to be there. I want an idea of how many hotdogs & buns to get for lunch. I'm bringing the portable BBQ unit.

Thanks,

Bill

It's still my plan to get there early Saturday morning, an old friend I've known since junior high had a fatal heart attack yesterday and I'll made myself available if needed, but so far no requests. I'd love to camp out Friday night, but my father has reached that point where he can't be left alone overnight and my brothers away this weekend. I really hope to see you guys Saturday, heaven knows I could use the distraction.

Anybody think it would be a bad idea to make like a sign up roster for the lanes? Max two hours per session so people could use the sale equally? Just a thought so people don't waste trips or gas.

Anybody think it would be a bad idea to make like a sign up roster for the lanes? Max two hours per session so people could use the sale equally? Just a thought so people don't waste trips or gas.
Not a bod idea, just not possible. The lanes are public land and it would require resources especially staffing that the State will not pay for.

As posted to Trash No Land Facebook page:

I went out to go shooting today with a friend at North Fork Wolf Creek Rd dispersed shooting lanes in the Tillamook State Forest. I was a wee bit excited and woke up at 3 AM! Couldn't get back to sleep so got up, packed and left at 4:45. Arrived at 6:15 (it's just a little ways from SW Washington!!!). Only 1 other person there on lane 4. Sweet! Had the whole place to myself!

As I looked around at all the lanes, I got rather depressed at the volume of trash (to me, any trash is too much!). I began to clean up at lane 1.

Soon after, my friend Steve, @Cosimel , arrived. We are both cleanup kind of guys, (he attends just about every group cleanup event we do!!!), so he started in on lane 2, which was not bad at all. A group of young guys were shooting there and took a break to hear our message of responsible shooting and allowed us to gather up the minor amounts of trash.

We moved up to lane 3 where there were four other people already sharing the lane. We explained we'd like to clean up that lane and they gladly stopped and joined us! We were also able to replace 3 boulders that had been missing for a while (I love the winch on my "new-to-me" truck!!!). I remember Doug's name but can't place the others. Thank you Doug and guys for being such good sports and giving back to the Shooting Sports!

Steve and I thanked them and promised a BBQ lunch when we return from lane 4.

Lane 4 was not bad at all. In fact, we didn't have to do any clean up there because the person shooting there (Tony, I believe his name was), had already taken care of most of it and his friends would help him finish it off. So, all we did at lane 4 was to cover up some graffiti on the jersey barriers. Thank you Tony and crew!

Back to lane 3 and joined the other 4 guys for a group shoot and Polish Sausage Dog BBQ. Very nice morning for the weather and good people to meet and recreate with!

If this had been an official cleanup event, the Ore Dept of Forestry may have helped with the disposal fee, however, I decided Trash No Land would cover the cost this time. We would appreciate any and all donations via the Trash No Land website (Thank you!!!).

20 bags of trash, + a shot up gas tank and a PC computer. Pretty good haul for a half day payback and play!

Thank you @Cosimel ! I'll shoot with you anytime!

Bill

#StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #TrashNoLand, #RandomActsOfCleanups

6-13-20 1 Lane 1 Before.jpg

6-13-20 2 Lane 1 after.jpg

6-13-20 3 Magenet on Steel 1.jpg

6-13-20 4 Magenet on Steel 2.jpg

6-13-20 5 Lane 3 Before 1.jpg

6-13-20 6 Lane 3 Before 2.jpg

6-13-20 7 Lane 3 Before 3.jpg

6-13-20 8 Lane 3 During 1.jpg

6-13-20 9 Lane 3 During 2.jpg

6-13-20 10 Lane 3 During 3.jpg

6-13-20 11 Lane 3 During 4.jpg

6-13-20 12 Lane 3 After 1.jpg

6-13-20 13 Lane 3 After 2.jpg

6-13-20 14 Lane 3 Steve.jpg

6-13-20 15 Lane 3 Rocks missing.jpg

6-13-20 16 Lane 3 Rocks restored.jpg

6-13-20 17 Lane 3 Shooting fun 1.jpg

6-13-20 18 Lane 3 Shooting fun 2.jpg

6-13-20 19 Lane 3 Lunch.jpg

6-13-20 20 Twenty bags+.jpg

6-13-20 21 Waist Mngmt Receipt.jpg

As posted to Trash No Land Facebook page:

I went out to go shooting today with a friend at North Fork Wolf Creek Rd dispersed shooting lanes in the Tillamook State Forest. I was a wee bit excited and woke up at 3 AM! Couldn't get back to sleep so got up, packed and left at 4:45. Arrived at 6:15 (it's just a little ways from SW Washington!!!). Only 1 other person there on lane 4. Sweet! Had the whole place to myself!

As I looked around at all the lanes, I got rather depressed at the volume of trash (to me, any trash is too much!). I began to clean up at lane 1.

Soon after, my friend Steve, @Cosimel , arrived. We are both cleanup kind of guys, (he attends just about every group cleanup event we do!!!), so he started in on lane 2, which was not bad at all. A group of young guys were shooting there and took a break to hear our message of responsible shooting and allowed us to gather up the minor amounts of trash.

We moved up to lane 3 where there were four other people already sharing the lane. We explained we'd like to clean up that lane and they gladly stopped and joined us! We were also able to replace 3 boulders that had been missing for a while (I love the winch on my "new-to-me" truck!!!). I remember Doug's name but can't place the others. Thank you Doug and guys for being such good sports and giving back to the Shooting Sports!

Steve and I thanked them and promised a BBQ lunch when we return from lane 4.

Lane 4 was not bad at all. In fact, we didn't have to do any clean up there because the person shooting there (Tony, I believe his name was), had already taken care of most of it and his friends would help him finish it off. So, all we did at lane 4 was to cover up some graffiti on the jersey barriers. Thank you Tony and crew!

Back to lane 3 and joined the other 4 guys for a group shoot and Polish Sausage Dog BBQ. Very nice morning for the weather and good people to meet and recreate with!

If this had been an official cleanup event, the Ore Dept of Forestry may have helped with the disposal fee, however, I decided Trash No Land would cover the cost this time. We would appreciate any and all donations via the Trash No Land website (Thank you!!!).

20 bags of trash, + a shot up gas tank and a PC computer. Pretty good haul for a half day payback and play!

Thank you @Cosimel ! I'll shoot with you anytime!

Bill

#StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #TrashNoLand, #RandomActsOfCleanups

View attachment 710262

View attachment 710263

View attachment 710264

View attachment 710265

View attachment 710266

View attachment 710267

View attachment 710268

View attachment 710269

View attachment 710270

View attachment 710271

View attachment 710272

View attachment 710273

View attachment 710274

View attachment 710275

View attachment 710276

View attachment 710277

View attachment 710278

View attachment 710279

View attachment 710280

View attachment 710281

View attachment 710282

Thanks for lunch @Cogs !!!! I thought it was too early for Polish dogs, but I was wrong; twice ;) All in all a very successful endeavor and welcome company while getting out of the house. As usual, shared pew pew time was awesome !!!!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top