JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
great work, I though about some sort of electromagnet contraption for the steel casing, where you could turn it off over top of a bucket....

I found out why lane 4 was so clean! Last weekend, a guy by the name of James Carlson had cleaned it up! He sent me a note on our Facebook page that he and his friends did a cleanup of lane 4, pic and all! It was great to see a random act of cleanup by a responsible shooter who didn't need a prompt to do it. He just did it.

It really helped!

As posted to Trash No Land Facebook page:

I went out to go shooting today with a friend at North Fork Wolf Creek Rd dispersed shooting lanes in the Tillamook State Forest. I was a wee bit excited and woke up at 3 AM! Couldn't get back to sleep so got up, packed and left at 4:45. Arrived at 6:15 (it's just a little ways from SW Washington!!!). Only 1 other person there on lane 4. Sweet! Had the whole place to myself!

As I looked around at all the lanes, I got rather depressed at the volume of trash (to me, any trash is too much!). I began to clean up at lane 1.

Soon after, my friend Steve, @Cosimel , arrived. We are both cleanup kind of guys, (he attends just about every group cleanup event we do!!!), so he started in on lane 2, which was not bad at all. A group of young guys were shooting there and took a break to hear our message of responsible shooting and allowed us to gather up the minor amounts of trash.

We moved up to lane 3 where there were four other people already sharing the lane. We explained we'd like to clean up that lane and they gladly stopped and joined us! We were also able to replace 3 boulders that had been missing for a while (I love the winch on my "new-to-me" truck!!!). I remember Doug's name but can't place the others. Thank you Doug and guys for being such good sports and giving back to the Shooting Sports!

Steve and I thanked them and promised a BBQ lunch when we return from lane 4.

Lane 4 was not bad at all. In fact, we didn't have to do any clean up there because the person shooting there (Tony, I believe his name was), had already taken care of most of it and his friends would help him finish it off. So, all we did at lane 4 was to cover up some graffiti on the jersey barriers. Thank you Tony and crew!

Back to lane 3 and joined the other 4 guys for a group shoot and Polish Sausage Dog BBQ. Very nice morning for the weather and good people to meet and recreate with!

If this had been an official cleanup event, the Ore Dept of Forestry may have helped with the disposal fee, however, I decided Trash No Land would cover the cost this time. We would appreciate any and all donations via the Trash No Land website (Thank you!!!).

20 bags of trash, + a shot up gas tank and a PC computer. Pretty good haul for a half day payback and play!

Thank you @Cosimel ! I'll shoot with you anytime!

Bill

#StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #TrashNoLand, #RandomActsOfCleanups

View attachment 710262

View attachment 710263

View attachment 710264

View attachment 710265

View attachment 710266

View attachment 710267

View attachment 710268

View attachment 710269

View attachment 710270

View attachment 710271

View attachment 710272

View attachment 710273

View attachment 710274

View attachment 710275

View attachment 710276

View attachment 710277

View attachment 710278

View attachment 710279

View attachment 710280

View attachment 710281

View attachment 710282
I'm so upset I had class to attend. Thanks guys

great work, I though about some sort of electromagnet contraption for the steel casing, where you could turn it off over top of a bucket....
Yes! That one is at Harbor Freight for $10 bucks. It has a handle that releases the magnet and all the metal parts fall off. Pretty easy to do a quick cleanup of metal stuff!

Magnet pickup tool.jpg

I thought we were going to see all that lumber that folks were talking about, however, we only found one large object made of lumber. It was easily dismantled and tossed aside to rot in the woods. So, we didn't have to do a bon fire to burn anything. No big deal today!

I really should give a shout out to @drewp for offering to cover the disposal fee for trash we find in the woods! Thanks man!

He offered the use of his trailer to drop off bags of trash in Forest Grove! I dang near took him up on that, but thought, gee, 20+ bags was a lot to ask for! So I decided to pay for this disposal from the donations received from Trash No Land supporters. We'll leave his offer open to future shooters who do random acts of cleanups. Thanks @drewp !

We don't have a lot of funds available in the Trash No Land general account. Those who have donated are very much appreciated! We couldn't do an annual fundraiser this year because of the 'Pandamnit', so, if you can help support the shooting sports on public lands, we would really appreciate it!

So thanks, @drewp ! We love how you offer to help fellow shooters to be a little more responsible by encouraging random acts of cleanups!

yep if anyone is up there and has a trash bag of shooting debris they pickup you can get ahold me and drop it off at my trash trailer.
if you are going up to shoot and want a contractor grade trash bag or 2 let me know I'll give you a couple to fill up and drop off at my trailer on your way back...might even give you a couple saw blades to shoot if you promise to bring them back for disposal
...I also have(usually) lots of scrap wood (2x and plywood)if you need a make shift target stand...let me know folks

I thought we were going to see all that lumber that folks were talking about, however, we only found one large object made of lumber. It was easily dismantled and tossed aside to rot in the woods. So, we didn't have to do a bon fire to burn anything. No big deal today!
We had that place pretty well picked up in the late winter clean up, hope it's remaining reasonably clean.

I struggled with posting about this mini cleanup on social media. I didn't want it to be one of those "Oh, Look at me and how cool I am" kind of post. After arguing with myself on the way home, I decided it's best that I try to encourage others to do the same kind of thing.

So, I sent the message out on social media and was pleased with the great response! Over 150 'Likes' on our FB page, several shares & comments and picked up about 15 new followers which puts us at over 1100 on our Facebook page. Not one negative comment, all positive and grateful for our efforts. Some of these people don't even shoot and I suspect they don't even own a gun. So this is great that they see us in a good light and are thankful we care for the land.

To me, the big deal is promoting the idea of gun owners showing respect for our environment and how we appreciate our kind of recreation, just like they do with their trail hikes and bike rides. They never hear about how target shooters clean up and show respect. It could also be that most forest agencies don't say anything positive about target shooters. It's rare, but does happen occasionally, (mostly from ODF!).

By posting about this kind of a Random Act Of Cleanup, I hope to encourage others to do the same. Send me pics and your story about a day of shooting with a cleanup.

Next up... I'm joining the Oregon Hunters Association of Yamhill County to clean up some shooting sites on BLM property just West of Carlton. Then I'm thinking of doing an Info Center booth at Mary's Peak with @Rem700..300 and his wife Tracy, (both are on the Trash No Land Board of Directors), which would be the weekend of June 27th. After that is the 4th of July and I won't be doing any special activities then.

Be safe, have fun and Trash No Land!

Bill

I struggled with posting about this mini cleanup on social media. I didn't want it to be one of those "Oh, Look at me and how cool I am" kind of post. After arguing with myself on the way home, I decided it's best that I try to encourage others to do the same kind of thing.

So, I sent the message out on social media and was pleased with the great response! Over 150 'Likes' on our FB page, several shares & comments and picked up about 15 new followers which puts us at over 1100 on our Facebook page. Not one negative comment, all positive and grateful for our efforts. Some of these people don't even shoot and I suspect they don't even own a gun. So this is great that they see us in a good light and are thankful we care for the land.

To me, the big deal is promoting the idea of gun owners showing respect for our environment and how we appreciate our kind of recreation, just like they do with their trail hikes and bike rides. They never hear about how target shooters clean up and show respect. It could also be that most forest agencies don't say anything positive about target shooters. It's rare, but does happen occasionally, (mostly from ODF!).

By posting about this kind of a Random Act Of Cleanup, I hope to encourage others to do the same. Send me pics and your story about a day of shooting with a cleanup.

Next up... I'm joining the Oregon Hunters Association of Yamhill County to clean up some shooting sites on BLM property just West of Carlton. Then I'm thinking of doing an Info Center booth at Mary's Peak with @Rem700..300 and his wife Tracy, (both are on the Trash No Land Board of Directors), which would be the weekend of June 27th. After that is the 4th of July and I won't be doing any special activities then.

Be safe, have fun and Trash No Land!

Bill

I might join you guys at Mary's Peak, I'll have to see how things are going at home, but a extended day trip should be fine.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top