Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Norinco Hunter AKM Variant

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by SomeDude, Oct 28, 2013.

1. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

I've been looking for 7.62x39 rifles with true detachable mags that won't break the bank. I recently came across a Norinco Hunter, which is an AKM variant with a 20" barrel and spotter style stock and forend.

What's a realistic price for one of these? AKM rifles still seem to be inflated compared to the rest of the market. A Google search turns up lots of info but most of it at least a few years old. Some say these have collector potential since there aren't as many of them. Overall it seems like the value would be less than a MAK 90 or WASR. More than $500?

Also, any thoughts on how these are in general? I have a buddy who inherited a couple but he doesn't know much about guns and has only shot it once or twice.

2. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

7-900 on gunbroker right now, None with bids on them.

3. SomeDude

Yeah I looked it up on there, but I try not to rely on GunBroker auctions as actual going market prices as they tend to be pretty inflated.

If I found one for $450, good idea to jump?

4. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I would be tempted if I was in the market for one. There is one still for sale (apparently, because the ad is not deleted) on this site now including 15 magazines for about that figure.

5. SomeDude

I didn't see any active ones in search results.

6. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

For $450 I would grab it. They are nice guns.

H2O MAN and (deleted member) like this.
  7. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

IMO, It is just a AK with some post ban furniture on it. I personally don't value AK's that high. I'm not a AK hater just not interested at over 400. That is probably why I don't have any....

8. SomeDude

Outside of the barrel length and furniture? Would they be the same as a MAK-90 internally? Just sacrificing maneuverability and tacticoolness for maybe better accuracy and more weight? Or is it not that simple?