JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking for 7.62x39 rifles with true detachable mags that won't break the bank. I recently came across a Norinco Hunter, which is an AKM variant with a 20" barrel and spotter style stock and forend.

What's a realistic price for one of these? AKM rifles still seem to be inflated compared to the rest of the market. A Google search turns up lots of info but most of it at least a few years old. Some say these have collector potential since there aren't as many of them. Overall it seems like the value would be less than a MAK 90 or WASR. More than $500?

Also, any thoughts on how these are in general? I have a buddy who inherited a couple but he doesn't know much about guns and has only shot it once or twice.

Yeah I looked it up on there, but I try not to rely on GunBroker auctions as actual going market prices as they tend to be pretty inflated.

If I found one for $450, good idea to jump?

Yeah I looked it up on there, but I try not to rely on GunBroker auctions as actual going market prices as they tend to be pretty inflated.

If I found one for $450, good idea to jump?

IMO, It is just a AK with some post ban furniture on it. I personally don't value AK's that high. I'm not a AK hater just not interested at over 400. That is probably why I don't have any....

Outside of the barrel length and furniture? Would they be the same as a MAK-90 internally? Just sacrificing maneuverability and tacticoolness for maybe better accuracy and more weight? Or is it not that simple?