JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:D
Funny, I got you some rocks, but without a leather cover and I'm not sure where to put them yet
:s0131::s0140::s0131:
Laugh if you want. In 1976 or so I worked with a young lady that developed/packaged in a gift box/marketed a useful product and sold it at Nordstroms around this time of year. It was "Diet shampoo for fat heads". Yes it sold quite well. Her next venture was "Diet toothpaste for big mouths" and it too sold well. I think there is a market for these today. She was just 21 or 22 yrs old and quite the gal. Kyla Drummond also had a product "Damitol". You can google her to read more about her. She started a consulting firm to help others develop/market their ideas. There was a nice 2 page article in People magazine about her at the time. I am reminded of another story from the 70's just after the pet rock craze took place. One of the real estate salesmen I knew had a very large rock delivered to his friends driveway. His friend then had a big load of gravel delivered to his driveway and sent him a message that his pet rock had babies.

Last Edited:
I am wondering if Kyla has had a hand in this Christmas season gift of a "Rock". She was on her way to her first million dollars in 1985 and I often wondered how things have turned out for her. I read she employed 9 production and 125 sales people in 1985 . Dang not bad for a 24-25 yr old gal. In 78 she bought a brand new Datsun 280z special edition sports car. All black with gold accents. She handed me the keys and said take it for a drive. I didnt go far nor fast but I was impressed by her willingness to share the good feeling of a new car. Thanks to this site I have recalled some fond memories. Best to all. :) Johnny Bob

LOL, I remember those Pet Rocks quite well, Heck I even had the entire Rock Band complete with a "stage" as well as a few of those stupid plastic "Killroy Was Here" thingies you could set up just about every where! Fun times! Hey,any one smart enough to get you to part with your hard earned cash is a pretty smart person!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top