JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Hello All,

This is a great place - so much to learn!

Hypothetical question:

A guy should probably be able to look this up, but for reasons, both personal and professional regarding the sudden passing of a family member/business partner, let's just say he will be making a trip to the Vanc/Battleground area of WA this weekend. Just an afternoon, he thinks.

Ha has an OR CC only.

Washington State is an "Open Carry" state...depending on where you go and how you present yourself , this may or may not be a problem.

If you are asking if it is a good idea to carry concealed without the proper permit..then...
Be advised that it is against the law to do so...
Do what you want...but if you get caught , then don't whine or carry on , about the consequences of your action
Andy

Get the Utah CHL permit. It will let you carry concealed in WA.

When I got my OR CC, the instructor gave us reciprocity info, but I did nit write it down.

Utah issues to non-residents (I DO know how to Google), so that will be up for discussion in the future.

I was taught if I have a question, someone else probably does, too.

So I hope this helps others and is not just an exercise in laziness on my part.

Thanks!

When I got my OR CC, the instructor gave us reciprocity info, but I did nit write it down.

Utah issues to non-residents (I DO know how to Google), so that will be up for discussion in the future.

I was taught if I have a question, someone else probably does, too.

So I hope this helps others and is not just an exercise in laziness on my part.

Thanks!
You have a valid question that bears repeating and it's a common topic on the forum. There's no such thing as a dumb question. :)

Without either a WA state CPL or another state permit that WA reciprocates with (OR does NOT) the only option is OC if the place you are visiting allows it.

Question answered. Due to the fact that NWFA and the internet in general are lousy places to seek legal advice.....

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews