JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would think there should be a reputable training group in that area that would be able to do thar for you and your group.

If not, I'm available. Mostly have been training groups this year. With the pit being brought back up to our specs, that being able to shoot 270 degrees we're back up to where we need to be for more useful training.

I could make a trip up there some time. I can do a pretty good job of staying snapped in, but my motivator needs frequent maintenance. Shooting partners seems to solve that.

That's where I shoot and have done their pistol classes. I met one of my shooting partners at one of the classes too. I will look into groups there too, but don't usually fit well into other molds.

Wanting to do some IDPA. Maybe I'll just pull the trigger on that (pun intended).
ARPC has USPSA and the closest matches are in Dundee and Albany once a month. I believe the closest IDPA is Tri-County in Sherwood.

ETA, I believe the Level III course in Albany will include drawing and shooting from concealed carry and will get deeper into defensive handgun. Will know more once it's scheduled. The Level II course had quite a bit of information and drills. If you're not running those drills and challenging yourself, I believe you're missing out on what was offered.

Last Edited:
Roy? I'm running drills but like I said earlier it's the motivation that I'm trying to improve by finding good shooters to bounce different training strategies off of. I plan on doing the level three even though I practice my concealed draw one handed and you don't. I can find training to pay for all day long but then I can't afford the new handgun I want for my wife and all the accessories required to set up her gun belt properly.

LOL, no, I'm just a guy trying to improve.

Something that's helped me is to use a timer. For dry fire, you can set it on par time and see if you can beat it, maintain form and technique, and still make sure you get adequate sight picture for each trigger press. It's not the same as range time but sure helps you be at a better level before blasting away with several hundred rounds of ammo. For example, I'm practicing for the ARPC Experience this coming Sunday. Try as I might, during dry fire, I still can't break 10 seconds on the combination fast drill but I feel that I'm better able to work out my problem areas before the trip to the range.

"I can find training to pay for all day long but then I can't afford the new handgun I want for my wife and all the accessories required to set up her gun belt properly." Welcome to the club!:s0114:

Something that's helped me is to use a timer. For dry fire, you can set it on par time and see if you can beat it, maintain form and technique, and still make sure you get adequate sight picture for each trigger press. It's not the same as range time but sure helps you be at a better level before blasting away with several hundred rounds of ammo. For example, I'm practicing for the ARPC Experience this coming Sunday. Try as I might, during dry fire, I still can't break 10 seconds on the combination fast drill but I feel that I'm better able to work out my problem areas before the trip to the range.

"I can find training to pay for all day long but then I can't afford the new handgun I want for my wife and all the accessories required to set up her gun belt properly." Welcome to the club!:s0114:
Good luck this Sunday

Look up Bill Blowers video on dry fire diagnostics.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top