JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My suggestion would be to have a paid members only category that was pretty much no holds bared. One one of the blacksmithing forums I am a member of has a section called "This is Vegas" and in that one section there is no rules as to language or topic. There still is some moderation, personal attacks in Vegas will get you banned from the site and anything that is just down right offensive gets removed. I still think its a good solution though. It allows the rest of the site to be pretty PG rated yet has a spot where stuff can happen behind closed doors. I do think its good to debate ideas and I think we need a safe but open place to do that.

"Citizens of a free society do not preserve their freedom by pussyfooting around their fellow citizens' opinions, even their most cherished beliefs. In free societies you must have the free play of ideas, there must be an argument, and it must be impassioned and untrammeled. Free societies are dynamic, noisy, turbulent, and full of radical disagreement. You can't cry foul when your ideas are challenged" -Bill Moyer

But..... And its a big but.

In the end we are guests in Joe's house.

If I was invited over to dinner and brought up a topic that was controversial and Joe leaned over and said, "hey man, not here, not in front of my family' I would be respectful and not think twice about it, nor think any less of Joe for the request. Maybe later in the den with the boys behind closed doors he might say "Hey, Now what kind of crazy where you getting at?" and be totally open to that same discussion in a different environment.

This is a bigger gathering than dinner at Joe's but we are still guests here. I have had a few run in's with the mods here but overall this is one of the more tolerant forums that I participate in. I think too many people think that because this is the internet and they dont see the site as "owned" by anyone they just assume that any rules are arbitrary and unreasonable. How dare you tell me what I can say? I think if more people understood that our participation here is not a right, its a privilege and there are things ask of us to try and minimize a bunch of testosterone fueled chest beating and heated, polarizing arguments. Yes politics and firearms go hand in hand, but its far less likely that on a gun forum gun discussion will become problematic or ugly. The reality is if you really want to engage someone in a political debate I would bet there are forums that cater to that type of discussion.

If this were an RC Airplane FORUM/BOARD and some of the State & Federal Government were hell bent to litigate and vote private RC Airplane ownership & usage out of existence would keping politics out of that forum/board be prudent or wise ???
I don't understand this post. The only politics we are suppose to discuss are firearms related. I am not sure what you're getting at.

So what are we going to have then, the politics of appeasement or accountability? Does anyone here believe that by not speaking out that the people who want our guns will stop trying to get them? How has that appeasement worked on the terrorism front? I just get amazed when someone says we shouldn't offend those that hate guns, what difference does it make? People choose to be offended by the truth, the truth by itself is just facts.

Politics is simple, it's the quality of life you live. Even more simple is do you have the right to use a gun to defend that life. By the constitution you have that right and those who would deny you that right are doing so against the constitution. Are we a nation of laws or not?

Bend to Joe's rules...it's his restaurant :D

Joe, can I have Tabasco Sauce Ice Cream at your Restaurant????

WHAT???? They don't MAKE it???? Absurb!!!! I had it at your Restaurant Just Last Week... Err, Uhh, maybe it was Uncle Joe's Restaurant....

Sorry Joe, ummmmm, do you think you will be getting In any Tabasco Sauce Ice Cream, it goes very well with Anchovy Quiche!!!!

What, your a Real Man, and real ment don't eat Quiche ???? Preposterous!!!!!

philip, enjoying his Oats... o_O

Joe, can I have Tabasco Sauce Ice Cream at your Restaurant????

WHAT???? They don't MAKE it???? Absurb!!!! I had it at your Restaurant Just Last Week... Err, Uhh, maybe it was Uncle Joe's Restaurant....

Sorry Joe, ummmmm, do you think you will be getting In any Tabasco Sauce Ice Cream, it goes very well with Anchovy Quiche!!!!

What, your a Real Man, and real ment don't eat Quiche ???? Preposterous!!!!!

philip, enjoying his Oats... o_O

Philip are you currently under the care of a physician? Had your meds checked recently?

In boondocks case it may be boogers:D but to the rest of us it's an egg dish with vegetables, often baked but sometimes made a little different

VEGETABLES???
I make two kinds of Quiche.
1. Ham/Brocoli/Cheese
2. Bacon/Onion/Cheese
Sound kind of manly don't they? ;)

Ok, sorry, this post does not belong on this serious thread! But they ^^^^^started it!

ADHD-Highway-to-Hey-Look-a-squirrel.jpg

Well, I can't FeeGore out what this Hare thread is about, someone said this was Joe's Pond... But its too cold to go Swimmen, then it got called a ResTauRant, but I simply Axed fer some Great Ice Cream, if yur a CrawDad fro Nu O'Leans....

then someOne mentioned "Stuff" wattEver that iz.

Taco, my friend he Nose me best, and Fingered it out to the rest of Y'all'uns, which is Plural, Twice Removed, in the Souff, down where they Put CrawDad' & CrawMom's in Quiche, whichen is always made with a Very Light CrustΣ' mine bakes about 3/8' to One Half Inch thick, and flakier than all the posts in this thread, us'ns waiting for Joe to Open Up the Restaurant, or Pond, whichever... But after the Crust cools, an yah Whip up 'bout 8 to A Dozen Egges (Don' beat me Boss man, I'll be a good Egges, honest Boss'n) and you Grate three Kinds of cheese, especially a good Ricotta... Grate that one Fhine!!!! Y'all pour a Lil bit of egges inz, then soms Cheeses, y'all Like Mushroom, don't pick the ones that make you see funny... Layer On dem Shrooms. Nowsa, a GOOD Quiche has GARlic' and can't be stingy on that, they'll Mellow out in the BakIng. More egges, more cheeses, hand Deposit some Nice Crisp BA'Con, maybe some itsy Bitsy Brocolli, Eat Yo' Greens Now, like my momma Taught Me, she said it was good for yo head, fo' Thinkin!!!!

Fini off you egges, cheeses, until Yo, Crust Be Full, Jess Like that!

You got Raw Quiche! .... Put's it in de' OvEn, bake it nice, and don' be Dancing An Stompin yo feet to no Fiddle Music. No Sir!

Nows'a you take out ah De OVEN, just when a Tooth Pick, or Clean broom Straw pokes into the Quiche, and comes out Clean! Time do Flies if yo bakin Quiche, not to Long, Or Da Short NEITHER.

Allows dat Quiche to Cool, or to just be Warm, but don' yo eat it Hot from da Oven, cause the Flavors all still aDJustin to each other.

Yummmms. Qood Eaten, I was Phoolen about the CrawDad's & The CRAWmom's you leaf them outa da Quiche, Yo, Hear??? Dey might be Eaten while its Cooken, Huh, Taku!!!!

Me just Joshen when I called him Taco, he has all his Tacos for a Full Mexcan #17 Dinner...

philip cheif Cook and Quiche Maker, some one else can do da Dishes, I'm eaten my Quiche!!!

Hey Joe....

(I heard a song oncet, that started thata way... But this Ain't that...) Please Purty Please come back and Rite somethin, I don' get Paid enough to huMoRe these'ns around here, or even asquare here!!!

:s0104: :s0101: :s0111: :s0128: :s0128: :s0128: :s0128: :s0128: :s0128: :s0128:
:s0133: :s0133: :s0134:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR