JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To each their own. Buy and shoot what you like. Carry or don't carry. It is up to you and, so far, we live in a somewhat free country.

I always liked GLOCK pistols (Back east and out here.), very specific S&W handguns and Ruger single action revolvers when it came to CF and RF handguns.

The GLOCK 19 was my first gun (Late 90's - NIB - Bought back east.) and I shot it well from the gitgo too. Even as a Newbie. I used my late husband's sweet d/a revolver as a 'house gun' before I got my own first gun.

My MT husband and I have owned several Glock 19 pistols. NO issues whatsoever for him or me EVER. We do not have anything in 9mm any longer. I am NOT knocking 9mm when I say this.

He carries a Glock 45acp (G30SF) and a Glock .380 (G42) on a regular basis depending on where he is going and what he is doing. Sometimes he carries his Beretta too.

He does not carry his somewhat newer Ruger s/a revolver (22lr) yet but he does shoot it.

He has NEVER regretted what he owned, carried (Open or concealed.) and shot in all of his Glock pistols and I did not either. That goes for his and hers other firearms.

He is more careful with his hand/wrist issues now due to an injury, age, old work issue, etc. So even though he changed a LOT of handguns around - no longer owns or shoots them... he is VERY HAPPY with his Glock pistols.

I only shoot specific rifles now and NO handguns at all. If my hands were not messed up - I would still own and shoot ALL of my former handguns. The GLOCK 19 is a very reliable pistol and it POINTED naturally for me just as my former SWEET d/a and s/a revolvers did in other styles, brand names and calibers.

And I thought and STILL THINK that the GLOCK pistol in basic black was/is PRETTY just as much as my other beautiful firearms were in wood/metal. I thought of it as a basic, pretty little black dress with a strand of pearls. Uh huh.

Your mileage may vary - NO problem. To each their own.

I would suggest what I previously owned in firearms to ANY Newbie at a younger age AND as a Newbie lady as I was in the late 90's - I was in my late 40's at the time.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
I have all the Glocks I could possibly need…. G19.3 G19.4 G30.2.5 G43 G43X and that .22LR one G48? …. can't recall the "G code" ATM

I also have all the revolvers, MSR's (NATO & COMBLOC), shotguns, and various hunting rifles I could possibly need.

The only thing I have a hankering for is a Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk Bisley in 454 Casull…..
View attachment 1256397

C'mon @LuckySG , let's do this!! :D
What is this "need" you speak of?

Joe

I was a Glock fan boy back in 2010. I owned a Glock G23, Glock 30SF, and a Glock 20SF. I sold the G23 and G30SF but kept the G20SF. I sold the G23 because it was way too snappy and it raised the muzzle way too much for my liking. I sold the G30SF because it pinched my little pinkie finger meat when I shot it one day and gave me a flinch. I kept the G20SF because, well, it's a 10mm and I reload. Now that I own a H&K VP9T OR and a Walther PDP both with Holosun 507c X2 optics, I have no need reason to ever purchase another Glock with the same old "Glockish" technology. What say you?
Own both, shoot both.

Both have their perks.

"Glockish" tech works, and works quite well. It's also the most common platform in the United States and quite possibly the world, and as such, it's the easiest to find spare parts for, aftermarket support for, and interaction with other Glock owners and shooters.

I see no reason to give that up, personally.

But Glock isn't for everyone - just most people. Maybe you're one of the few it isn't right for.

Without Glock, we wouldn't have the plethora of polymer striker-fired pistols available. They all jumped on that bandwagon.

Awww, @sobo come on now, you mean to they'll me there's no Glock in your collection? Was there ever? Inquiring minds want to know…
Nope! Nary a one. Never was. Likely never will be.
Don't like the looks, nor the grip angle, the trigger, etc.
Quite happy with my SIGs and a few other brands...

Last Edited:
E) have a snickers
Snickers_Better.jpg

Without Glock, we wouldn't have the plethora of polymer striker-fired pistols available. They all jumped on that bandwagon.
Exactly. And without the plethora of polymer striker-fired pistols we wouldn't have the choices we have today. The plethora of striker-fired pistols gave us the option and choices for better ergonomic and functional designs which includes triggers instead of the same old "Glockish" technology. Some of us users do not care for Glocks "Grip Angle", gritty and springy triggers and the ability to provide the user with Glock fingers (middle and index finger). However, I do acknowledge that some people do prefer those attributes. I also acknowledge that he made them cheap enough that most persons could afford one. This is one reason that I purchased my first Glock. There, I said it.
Gaston Glock just reinvented and popularized the striker-fired pistol to his design. He was neither the inventor of the locked-breech action (Browning/Walther), the striker-fired pistol (Daniel Lefever/H&K) or the polymer pistol (H&K). He just made it inexpensive so the masses would adopt his reinvention. And to his credit, he made it easy to repair and modify. In retrospect, I would say that both Walther and H&K were ahead of their time.

Glock must have done something right? Most popular handgun in the world Id venture to guess? Every major gun maker has copied the design, thats gotta speak for itself.

Everyone hates a winner....................

Exactly. And without the plethora of polymer striker-fired pistols we wouldn't have the choices we have today. The plethora of striker-fired pistols gave us the option and choices for better ergonomic and functional designs which includes triggers instead of the same old "Glockish" technology. Some of us users do not care for Glocks "Grip Angle", gritty and springy triggers and the ability to provide the user with Glock fingers (middle and index finger). However, I do acknowledge that some people do prefer those attributes. I also acknowledge that he made them cheap enough that most persons could afford one. This is one reason that I purchased my first Glock. There, I said it.
Gaston Glock just reinvented and popularized the striker-fired pistol to his design. He was neither the inventor of the locked-breech action (Browning/Walther), the striker-fired pistol (Daniel Lefever/H&K) or the polymer pistol (H&K). He just made it inexpensive so the masses would adopt his reinvention. And to his credit, he made it easy to repair and modify. In retrospect, I would say that both Walther and H&K were ahead of their time.
Actually, Glock was the first striker fired recoil operated pistol. All previous striker pistols required the heavier recoil spring and more costly action of something like delayed blowback.

Gaston invented a lot of really unique handgun design solutions.

I was a Glock fan boy back in 2010. I owned a Glock G23, Glock 30SF, and a Glock 20SF. I sold the G23 and G30SF but kept the G20SF. I sold the G23 because it was way too snappy and it raised the muzzle way too much for my liking. I sold the G30SF because it pinched my little pinkie finger meat when I shot it one day and gave me a flinch. I kept the G20SF because, well, it's a 10mm and I reload. Now that I own a H&K VP9T OR and a Walther PDP both with Holosun 507c X2 optics, I have no need reason to ever purchase another Glock with the same old "Glockish" technology. What say you?
I too had sex once.

Therefore it's all the same so I'll remain ******* for the rest of my life. What group of monks you joining?

See ya there.

I really wanted to like glocks because of their reputation and on paper they check a lot of boxes. For me, they just don't feel as natural as my sigs. I also REALLY like the feel of the vp9 and I shoot that really well too.
I do own a g20 though as my camping/hiking gun. I shoot it well but its a chunky boy. It has its role buuuut if I ever get my hands on a p320 10mm then the g20 might have to go!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top