JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The simplicity of design, ease of self modification, and reliability, makes it my go to gun. I had a Gen 2, model 17 that Glock eventually replaced every part except the barrel and slide. It went back to the factory several times, not because of defects but because I wore the damn thing out. I used it instructing police officers for almost twenty years. But Glock never blinked, they replaced worn out parts and upgraded it free of charge.
it was originally owned by a retired police officer who was killed in the sand box. After I retired, I returned it to the officers family.
best damn gun I ever owned.

I love Glock even more because of this video.
You do know James is the most notorious Glock fanboi on the internet, right?

The ONLY reason Glock made such a huge inroads into the US law enforcement firearms market was because it basically GAVE Glocks to every department it contracted with -- and took their previous issue pistols in trade, then sold them off to American distributors and made a huge profit on them -- while having gotten guarantees all the departments it "sold" pistols to would purchase at a minimum the next couple production runs...

Those who're not wedded to Glock fully appreciate that the next-gen polymer framed, striker fired pistols made by SIG, HK and Walther (some would add even Taurus and Canik) are far more ergonomic than any Glock, with better factory night sights and appreciably superior triggers.

LaughingAtGlocks.png

You do know James is the most notorious Glock fanboi on the internet, right?

The ONLY reason Glock made such a huge inroads into the US law enforcement firearms market was because it basically GAVE Glocks to every department it contracted with -- and took their previous issue pistols in trade, then sold them off to American distributors and made a huge profit on them -- while having gotten guarantees all the departments it "sold" pistols to would purchase at a minimum the next couple production runs...

Those who're not wedded to Glock fully appreciate that the next-gen polymer framed, striker fired pistols made by SIG, HK and Walther (some would add even Taurus and Canik) are far more ergonomic than any Glock, with better factory night sights and appreciably superior triggers.

View attachment 1259724

You didn't mention anything about reliability. Ergos are great and I appreciate them quite a lot but there's more to a gun than ergos and sights. For me, a gun can feel like a glove while standing at the counter but that doesn't always mean it feels great shooting or performs well in general.

To say that the ONLY reason Glock is hugely successful in the LE and military is due to price is short sighted at best. Glock has successfully BEATEN almost all other firearms in torture and field testing. Their reliably is unarguable.

While I don't "like" the Glock series of pistols....

I can appreciate them for what they are :
A good , solid reliable pistol...With a ton of after market support and parts.

Also while I don't care for them....that is all that actually means.
I don't care for them...Millions of other firearm owners , do like them and use them.

Comparing a Glock series pistol with a 1911 series pistol , is folly , in my opinion.
Both are two totally different designs , from two vastly different eras of time.

Every firearm should be taken on its own merit.
Not everything needs to be a :
"Let me tell you why this is the best...."
Or...A this versus that sorta thing.
That said...
I am struggling with doing the above with those modern in-line muzzle loading rifle , but I digress here.... :D
Andy

The simplicity of design, ease of self modification, and reliability, makes it my go to gun. I had a Gen 2, model 17 that Glock eventually replaced every part except the barrel and slide.
I personally think the Gen 2 were more reliable than later generations. I've had a few Gen 3/4 with extractor issues. Purely my opinion based on only a few guns.

To say that the ONLY reason Glock is hugely successful in the LE and military is due to price is short sighted at best.
I'm not disrespecting Glocks. I've been issued one, and carried it for serious purposes for a time. I still own two (shoot 'em a lot, actually like 'em, and carry them -- a 43X and a 19X). But when I shoot a Glock side-by-side with a SIG P-320, a Walther PPQ or even my grudgingly-accepted issue S&W M&P, it's not detectably better nor is it "perfection."

We are in a golden age as far as choices with regard to polymer-framed, striker-fired pistols. Lots of good ones, lots of great ones, out there. Including Glock. The triggers are pretty good, the reliability is second to none, so if a Glock fits you, more power to ya.

But let's not kid ourselves about how Glock "conquered" the US LE market.

My reason for liking them more had 0 to do with adoption or any fanboyism.

It was simply how stupid the feds were back then and couldn't figure out how to not ND a striker or not fat thumb the slide lock while shooting and thus docked it points because they were stupid.

The fact Glock stumped these smooth operators made me chuckle, now theyve formally adopted it years later. Humbling.

Thank God they put safeties on the M17/18 otherwise I'm sure our armed services would be having a metric ton of ND's. Source I used to ground pound with some of the best and some of the dumbest to rock the US flag on a right shoulder CONUS/OCONUS.

Though really it sounds like all our police forces need to have the safety models on their 320s after the tons of lawsuits filed for oopsies ND's. That or some better holsters.

Last Edited:
Well since I popped this threads cherry, I guess I'll dive in (again) I'm happy with what I got, but I'm hoping the laws relax again I'd LOVE to see someone release a 80 Sig trigger tray doohickey. Especially now that they have the 10mm one that can swap to the smaller frames.
That would be ideal to me. But ya know. If it ain't broke don't fix it right? And well I'm not holding my breath..

I don't care for them...Millions of other firearm owners , do like them and use them.

Comparing a Glock series pistol with a 1911 series pistol , is folly , in my opinion.
Both are two totally different designs , from two vastly different eras of time.

That said...
I am struggling with doing the above with those modern in-line muzzle loading rifle , but I digress here.... :D
Andy
My thoughts exactly. Glock makes a fine gun, but one I personally don't like as well as others. I prefer different feels and different grips, and I will confess, looks do play in a little.

I do find that trigger time with lots of guns is transferable. John Wick, I am not, but I can with confidence carry a Sig, a Ruger LCRx, a PPK, or a Beretta , etc, and the skills all transfer. I can hit with any of them rather quickly in a normal sd distance. Am I as fast as someone who has specialized? probably not quite as fast. But there are common threads in every pistol I would carry for SD.

Now if I was making 100 yard shots with a pistol at targets, that's a job for the GP100.

That said...
Andy
What if Glock made a muzzle loader?

I was a Glock fan boy back in 2010. I owned a Glock G23, Glock 30SF, and a Glock 20SF. I sold the G23 and G30SF but kept the G20SF. I sold the G23 because it was way too snappy and it raised the muzzle way too much for my liking. I sold the G30SF because it pinched my little pinkie finger meat when I shot it one day and gave me a flinch. I kept the G20SF because, well, it's a 10mm and I reload. Now that I own a H&K VP9T OR and a Walther PDP both with Holosun 507c X2 optics, I have no need reason to ever purchase another Glock with the same old "Glockish" technology. What say you?
So how do I start this:

TRAITOR, TRAITOR, TRAITOR burn the anti-Glock witch at the stake!

Just kidding (no I am not) Yes, I still am a Glock fan but they do not fit everybody's hand and the 2 guns you chose are just as good.

I own a verity of other guns including a Walther PPQ Tactical that I just love and a couple Beretta 92s and others but for me I still carry a Glock, I think more out of habit and training, more than anything.

To me any more its like asking someone if they like Ford, Chevy or Ram they all work and we all have our reasonings for one over the other.

I do not know if I can truly forgive you for leaving Glock, but will try to be man enough to accept it.

In reality I never met a gun I did not like even if it was just too bad mouth.

Glock hate and fan boys? That's all old hat, the new king of the block for fervent polarization is the 6.5 Creedmoor! I tend to use what works for me and ignore the noise for or against.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top