JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like how you bought subcompact Glocks in meme calibers and complain about them being "snappy."

The problem isn't Glocks. The problem is a small, polymer frame pistol chambered in a "powerul" cartridge. Any small pistol in those chamberings will have the same problems. Why don't you try a 17 or 19 (you know, the original caliber Glocks were designed for) and see how much of a difference it makes?
What is meant by "meme calibers"?
The G23 is not a subcompact. It is a mid-size or compact . 40 caliber handgun.
I am assuming that you meant to describe the 40 S&W cartridge as a "powerful" cartridge? Interesting. I've often heard it being described by many persons as being "Short & Weak".

I am assuming that you meant to describe the 40 S&W cartridge as a "powerful" cartridge? Interesting. I've often heard it being described by many persons as being "Short & Weak".
Me too, but for some reason, they'll never let me shoot them in the foot with a .40 S&W.
Strange...

I only have one Glock I user for EDC appendix carry. I see no reason to own any others.

View attachment 1256417

/s (not my edc)

In all honesty I don't shoot it very well, so it sits in the safe a lot. I am actually way more accurate and fast with my real edc a P365. I keep this one because it is a bit diffrent, but I guess I just don't get the Glock love.
Not a bad Glock investment.
I only have one Glock I user for EDC appendix carry. I see no reason to own any others.

View attachment 1256417

/s (not my edc)

In all honesty I don't shoot it very well, so it sits in the safe a lot. I am actually way more accurate and fast with my real edc a P365. I keep this one because it is a bit diffrent, but I guess I just don't get the Glock love.
That's probably the only Glock worth keeping IMHO. :D

I know it's not a Glock, but I have a S&W Shield in 9mm. A coworker has one in .40 S&W. I shot them side by side and am glad I bought the 9mm. The .40 had substantially more buck to it, was not pleasant to shoot.

I always figured the "short and weak" thing was a joke, since the .40 is distinctly more powerful than a 9mm. More people prefer the 9mm now I believe because it's "good enough" power wise, easier to shoot, and cheaper ammo.

It is still more power than required or desired in a light weight gun. I had (2) G22's, a G23, a G27 and a Kahr P40 before I figured it out and sold them all. I'll stick with 9mm in standard size Glocks.

I have big hands that are thick skinned from working with them all my life. I like my Glock 22 and M&P Shield both in 40 S&W neither has recoil I would call unpleasant. That being said, I'd say a Ruger LCP in the mouse fart .380 is much more uncomfortable to shoot than either of my 40's.

I am very happy with my first G17 Gen 5 that I bought back in March. I bought a few more standard capacity magazines before the ban went into effect. I also bought a few standard capacity magazines for a Glock 19 Gen 5 even though I don't own a G19.5 yet.

I jumped from 9 to 10
I'll probably never own a 40
Everyone has their favorites.
I like 9 and 10
I like 11...

1660264403392.jpeg

I have all the Glocks I could possibly need…. G19.3 G19.4 G30.2.5 G43 G43X and that .22LR one G48? …. can't recall the "G code" ATM

I also have all the revolvers, MSR's (NATO & COMBLOC), shotguns, and various hunting rifles I could possibly need.

The only thing I have a hankering for is a Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk Bisley in 454 Casull…..
View attachment 1256397

C'mon @LuckySG , let's do this!! :D
Copy, next in line for the 0871

View attachment 1256417

/s (not my edc)

Put a brace on that thing and you will love the accuracy I think. Especially with a 17L that is the best version you can have for a brace imo. I have a Glock 34 that I have 3 different braces for and the difference between stabilized and unstabilized is night and day. They are really fun and very accurate with a brace. I like shooting it without a brace too but enjoy other pistols a bit more shooting that way.

I need to do an accuracy test of the braced G34 vs some pdws/PCCs shooting multiple targets very fast. That's would be interesting.

A couple simple examples without red dots suppressors etc.

These are very inexpensive and work well. The main piece (the part that attaches to the gun) is only $35 and u can use a standard buffer tube and put any brace u want on the back
44371BBC-FE45-4FD0-BD9C-FF4C7A5C6A42.png
These are expensive but are awesome
B70CE487-F60F-469E-BD0C-7D84BBF8F872.jpeg

Last Edited:
Put a brace on that thing and you will love the accuracy I think. Especially with a 17L that is the best version you can have for a brace imo. I have a Glock 34 that I have 3 different braces for and the difference between stabilized and unstabilized is night and day. They are really fun and very accurate with a brace. I like shooting it without a brace too but enjoy other pistols a bit more shooting that way.

I need to do an accuracy test of the braced G34 vs some pdws/PCCs shooting multiple targets very fast. That's would be interesting.

A couple simple examples without red dots suppressors etc.

These are very inexpensive and work well. The main piece (the part that attaches to the gun) is only $35 and u can use a standard buffer tube and put any brace u want on the back
View attachment 1256707
These are expensive but are awesome
View attachment 1256710
I had no idea those existed........ I.. I... I... Need that 2nd one.

I had no idea those existed........ I.. I... I... Need that 2nd one.
Another thing you can add if you want to make it like a pdw is a front mag holder. The one below works really well and is only around $39 on sale. I couldn't find a pic of it with a mag in it so the first photo is a pic with it installed on my shotgun (just for giggles). So comparing the 17L to a pdw like the sp5k 17L has a longer barrel and roughly the same mag capacity. Totally different action, weight, etc of course though.

The second pic below is the shockwave $35 adapter. If you have a buffer tube laying around then total cost for that one (without the folding adapter which is $14) is $35 + $40 for the adjustable brace (or more if you want a more fancy brace like sb3 -i like sb mini or tailhook the best personally). The mag holder in front would add about $40.

Note that the spacer in between the gun rail and the mag holder is removable. Shown here without the mounting screw installed:

Last Edited:
I say buy and use what you like and what works for you...
No need to worry 'bout what the other guy likes and uses.

If we all used and liked the same firearms....it would be a very boring NWFA .....:D
Andy

Besides...
It all went down hill after these :

You should really see Andy appendix carry that thing. It's a sight to be seen!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top