JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same here, never heard of "Glock finger". Nor had this experience.
I've never even heard of this before.. I just put 150 rounds of 10mm through the pipe a couple weekends ago and the only thing I got was a slightly bruised web of thumb / hand. I've never had a discomfort shooting even more magnumh calibers.

View attachment 1276149
I can only speak about my own experiences. I was never described as having "sausage fingers". I talked to other Glock owners who said that I was pulling to low on the trigger face and to raise my finger position higher on the trigger. Adjusting my finger position higher just made the trigger pull much harder (reduced torque) and it didn't feel natural. Now, if I know that I will be shooting more than 100 rounds, I put on my shooting gloves at the get-go.

Yeah I never use factory triggers. Glock oem triggers pulls do really suck. Just a glock "minus" disconnector and a 6lb spring will help a ton. And those are basically factory parts. I hate the factory trigger though.
The apex trigger is pretty dang good though. And a lot easier to place the trigger finger with the small lump at the bottom and has a super wide flat face (side to side) slight curve top to bottom. The new Timney is scary light!

Yeah. Only problem with glocks is they're boring. I e been divesting myself of most of mine. Want something that's gonna blow some wind up my shorts
Try shooting stout full 10mm loads from a G20. That might just be the ticket. It's a thrill that the 9mm just cannot provide. You'll be wondering why they just don't rename the 10mm to the .40 auto magnum.

Try shooting stout full 10mm loads from a G20. That might just be the ticket. It's a thrill that the 9mm just cannot provide. You'll be wondering why they just don't rename the 10mm to the .40 auto magnum.
Indeed, I just found out after my last trip I think my 10mm reloads (180gn @ 1350-1400fps) are maxing out my slide and frame still. I thought it only did that with my 200gn loads. I guess I need to up the spring from a 22# to 24#. And hope that works. Its a bit of a handful.. 10mm is a great cal. when loaded to full potential. Which I'll add, you'll never find on the store shelves.

As far as the OP's gripes though I do really wish glock would wake the heck up and make more performance oriented glocks from the factory like a sub compact with a slightly flared and lowered mag well. Sucks that the grip kinda has a notch upward (IIRC) like the 26.

Yeah I never use factory triggers. Glock oem triggers pulls do really suck. Just a glock "minus" disconnector and a 6lb spring will help a ton. And those are basically factory parts. I hate the factory trigger though.
The apex trigger is pretty dang good though. And a lot easier to place the trigger finger with the small lump at the bottom and has a super wide flat face (side to side) slight curve top to bottom. The new Timney is scary light!
I don't like moding a manufactures design except for maybe grips and sights on guns designed to do so. When I see Glocksters melting their grips it makes me cringe. I feel that the manufactures know much more about guns than I do. It's also a matter of trust. I need to trust this weapon if I'm going to use it for defense.

As far as the OP's gripes though I do really wish glock would wake the heck up and make more performance oriented glocks from the factory like a sub compact with a slightly flared and lowered mag well. Sucks that the grip kinda has a notch upward (IIRC) like the 26.
YES. Glock is not innovating anymore but just getting old and fat. This was the original intent of this thread.

I don't like moding a manufactures design except for maybe grips and sights on guns designed to do so. When I see Glocksters melting their grips it makes me cringe. I feel that the manufactures know much more about guns than I do. It's also a matter of trust. I need to trust this weapon if I'm going to use it for defense.
I would normally agree but when is the last time Glock innovated? The aftermarket does it for them.

Same here, never heard of "Glock finger". Nor had this experience. I have had weeks where I put 1k of 9mm though my G35. Then again my hands are normal sized not sausage fingers that I think one would need to have to get said "Glock finger".,,,,

View attachment 1276149
I have short, stubby sausage fingers, dislike shooting glocks and have never gotten glock finger.

I was a Glock fan boy back in 2010. I owned a Glock G23, Glock 30SF, and a Glock 20SF. I sold the G23 and G30SF but kept the G20SF. I sold the G23 because it was way too snappy and it raised the muzzle way too much for my liking. I sold the G30SF because it pinched my little pinkie finger meat when I shot it one day and gave me a flinch. I kept the G20SF because, well, it's a 10mm and I reload. Now that I own a H&K VP9T OR and a Walther PDP both with Holosun 507c X2 optics, I have no need reason to ever purchase another Glock with the same old "Glockish" technology. What say you?
CZ>Glock

The grip angle just doesn't work for me. Maybe if I kept at it, eventually? Picked up a P-07, tried it, went out and bought one. Then a 97, wow! Then a Shadow 2: amazing! I think the sides of certain barns better be reeeeeal careful from now on (j/k). CZ and maybe some of the imitators seem just right in the hand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top