JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock hate and fan boys? That's all old hat, the new king of the block for fervent polarization is the 6.5 Creedmoor! I tend to use what works for me and ignore the noise for or against.

Nah, you're about 2-3 years behind. 6.5CM has fallen off the popularity wagon.

Nah. It is still fun piling on the creed!

AA8EC024-5ED5-467E-949F-96B33293CDEC.png 661F05E8-7FF7-4436-8D55-DB53D4C3928A.jpeg

I was a Glock fan boy back in 2010. I owned a Glock G23, Glock 30SF, and a Glock 20SF. I sold the G23 and G30SF but kept the G20SF. I sold the G23 because it was way too snappy and it raised the muzzle way too much for my liking. I sold the G30SF because it pinched my little pinkie finger meat when I shot it one day and gave me a flinch. I kept the G20SF because, well, it's a 10mm and I reload. Now that I own a H&K VP9T OR and a Walther PDP both with Holosun 507c X2 optics, I have no need reason to ever purchase another Glock with the same old "Glockish" technology. What say you?
I've never been a Glock fan-boi, more like a 1911 fan-boi... I do own a G21, 3rd gen... It's ummm-kay, but certainly not a steel 1911A1! I like the weight factor (light), the ability to easily attach a light or laser, and the 13 round mags. Somehow I doubt that it would last as long as the beatered ww2-issue pistols I've owned, however, which I'm sure long outlasted the original owners. Any Glock I get at this stage will likely be left for the wife to figger out what to do with... That said, I may get a 9mm Glock 19 for edc... and a G20 10mm just cuz... or not...🦌

After the magazine ban in WA taking effect, I have no more plans to purchase any more Glocks (or any other high-capacity style weapons knocked down to only 10 rounds, for that matter). I currently own a 21 with a Lone Wolf 10mm barrel for extra fun, a 31 that I got on the cheap with a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel (for practicality), and a 26, which is one of my favorite carry guns. The 26 is so concealable and reliable, and I can use a 17 magazine as my spare mag, so it holds a decent amount of rounds. I've upgraded it with night sights and front slide serrations, as well as a better trigger. One thing I hate about Glocks is that factory trigger pull. That, and how clunky the 21 can be, but hey, when you want a high-capacity .45, you couldn't really beat the price and availability. I prefer my Springfield Armory 1911 for CCW over the Glock because it's far easier to conceal. That 21 is mostly for fun at the range, but with a barrel and magazine swap, I can take it into the woods and have a ton of 10mm at my disposal, so it's versatile. I also changed out the extractor to handle the 10mm cases. I also have wheelguns in .44 Mag and .454 Casull, so there are higher-powered options available if I'm heading into bear country. That being said, I'm a proponent of having the right tool for the task. I wouldn't take that massive .454 for a walk through town, and I wouldn't take a 9mm camping. To each their own. Glocks are plentiful and priced right, especially if you can get a LE trade. You can count on them to go *BANG* every time.

I can understand your "fetish" with 1911 pistols DunRanull. I myself have a few (5). However, the plastic is just so reliable and inexpensive. The plasic fantastics are just getting better. The Glock 20 is special. If you reload, you can make loads that range from cat f@rts to extreme pounders. It's just fun, just like a dark room.

Last Edited:
After the magazine ban in WA taking effect, I have no more plans to purchase any more Glocks (or any other high-capacity style weapons knocked down to only 10 rounds, for that matter). I currently own a 21 with a Lone Wolf 10mm barrel for extra fun, a 31 that I got on the cheap with a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel (for practicality), and a 26, which is one of my favorite carry guns. The 26 is so concealable and reliable, and I can use a 17 magazine as my spare mag, so it holds a decent amount of rounds. I've upgraded it with night sights and front slide serrations, as well as a better trigger. One thing I hate about Glocks is that factory trigger pull. That, and how clunky the 21 can be, but hey, when you want a high-capacity .45, you couldn't really beat the price and availability. I prefer my Springfield Armory 1911 for CCW over the Glock because it's far easier to conceal. That 21 is mostly for fun at the range, but with a barrel and magazine swap, I can take it into the woods and have a ton of 10mm at my disposal, so it's versatile. I also changed out the extractor to handle the 10mm cases. I also have wheelguns in .44 Mag and .454 Casull, so there are higher-powered options available if I'm heading into bear country. That being said, I'm a proponent of having the right tool for the task. I wouldn't take that massive .454 for a walk through town, and I wouldn't take a 9mm camping. To each their own. Glocks are plentiful and priced right, especially if you can get a LE trade. You can count on them to go *BANG* every time.
I felt like you until they announced a new metal frame M&P
I would purchase that but now I can't.

Sorry to wander a bit off topic here, but how does the model 20/21SF compare to the regular 20/21?

I've handled and shot both the 20 and 21, and to be honest they feel like holding onto a 2x4. My hands aren't small, but I'm just not used to the big grip. I've never actually handled one with the SF frame to see if one would work better for me. I don't own a 10mm, and have occasionally toyed with the idea of a Glock 20.

@CLT65 I can't answer that clearly. But what I can say is the standard large frames are probably the mist returned glock because people accidentally ordered the wrong one meaning the SF model or they just didn't know about the SF. the SF was dropped on the gen4 because with the interchangeable back straps it basically used the SF frame as the base basically making them all a defacto SF depending on which insert you ran.
I'm pretty sure back when I got mine it was when the gen4's just came out and I had the same question. I'm pretty sure I have a screenshot of the dimensional changes from gen3 standard vs the gen3 SF but its buried and not available. I want to say it was at least .125" (maybe .185") distance from the back of the grip to the front trigger, which is actually quite a bit when you consider how much circumference that cuts down on.

IMHO, the p80 large frames take the cake on the slimmest grips for these platforms though. They are trimmed down as much as possible and just a much better ergo platform, no finger grooves etc.
hopefully all the BS with the aft blows over and we can get them back better than ever. A p80 g30 would be awesome! Still want a g26 too.

I don't have have large hands either and I don't really think my SF is too large. Its almost borderline. I def. Wouldn't want it any larger.. And DEFINITELY wouldn't want a standard frame gen2/3.

aanyway, hopefully wasn't too much ramblings and helps somewhat.

Sorry to wander a bit off topic here, but how does the model 20/21SF compare to the regular 20/21?

I've handled and shot both the 20 and 21, and to be honest they feel like holding onto a 2x4. My hands aren't small, but I'm just not used to the big grip. I've never actually handled one with the SF frame to see if one would work better for me. I don't own a 10mm, and have occasionally toyed with the idea of a Glock 20.
The "SF" nomenclature only applies to Generation 3
There was a G20 standard frame and a G20 SF (short frame)
Not vertically, but horizontally (reach to trigger)

G20 Gen 4 {without back strap) is essentially a Short Frame.a 10mm

If you want a 10mm with a smaller grip, get a hold of a SIG X-Ten and see what you think.
It feels like a 9mm frame to me.

Okay if you don't want to buy a Glock, then don't buy a Glock. But why has this post expanded to 7 pages??? Enough.
Why not? Seems to me people are still asking questions. Even if the OP is answered its evolving, people are still seeking answers, Its still a resource. You can ignore it or unwatch it.
No one is forcing you to view it... Its all good.. No bad days, right?

After the magazine ban in WA taking effect, I have no more plans to purchase any more Glocks (or any other high-capacity style weapons knocked down to only 10 rounds, for that matter)...
I felt like you until they announced a new metal frame M&P
I would purchase that but now I can't.

Isn't that what the gun hating liberals are manipulating you to do when they passed the 10 round magazine limit? Those gun haters do not want you or anybody else to purchase any more guns, plastic or metal.

No FFL has been able to answer that question. I get the feeling retailers would rather be safe than sorry.
Jail sucks.
I would contact lucky sporting goods in banks OR. Seems like the WA law prevents importation and transfer of magazines over 10 rounds, not guns capable of using magazines greater than 10 rounds. Seems to me it would be easy to separate the mags out of the purchase. The bad part is you wouldn't get the mag(s). Just a suggestion but I know some FFLs will work hard to make it work for you and be legal.

I have plenty of guns, not going to circumvent any current laws just to acquire another.

Seems like the ATF would be interested in why I am purchasing new guns that I cannot legally fire.

I have plenty of guns, not going to circumvent any current laws just to acquire another.

Seems like the ATF would be interested in why I am purchasing new guns that I cannot legally fire.
I don't understand that because it wouldn't be circumventing any laws. You are not importing or bringing any mags into the state with the purchase of the gun (if the mags are removed by the seller). But totally up to you of course. I'm only throwing out ideas in the hopes it may help.

You could legally fire it if you already have mags for it in state, or (I assume this part) you had mags that are modified to hold only 10 rounds. But I'm guessing on that last part about modified. I know they do that in California fwiw.

I hate them too! My canik Rival has a much better trigger, so did MY PPQ and my cz-P10C. I should be able to shoot them better.

crap..results from my last steel challenge match told a different story.

Just ordered a new competition holster for my G-17

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top