JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd get a KKM or anything other than lone wolf, my lone wolf barrel sucks b*lls! Its accurate but just found out it has feeding issues. Back under the dremel it goes to mod the feed ramp again.
In the FWIW department, I've got KKM in my G21 and recently got one for my G17. Suppressor length, threaded. Had a LW for the G17 and it just didn't work smooth, some weird hangs in the cycle of the slide. Even after a few rounds. The KKM has been flawless in both, and is easy to recommend. Both work flawlessly with my Osprey on the end.

Thanks @BlindedByScience good to hear. Yeah I was much more impressed with my buddies KKM I ordered for him. My faxon is ok, it hasn't had any issues like the lone wolf. My slide is a lone wolf as well so who knows it still might not feed properly 😅. But a little tooling on it more can't hurt. I have full tilt 1350fps loads with 180gr and ZERO case bulge so I'm going to remove just a tad more off the apex (top of the feed ramp) into the chamber and that should work. Well see. But yes, I LOVE KKM and would love to support them more. Really I could order two from them (or three ;))

Not to completely trash on LW; got to say I've got a LW 9mm conversion barrel for my G23 that with G19 mags runs flawlessly. But, for a straight forward barrel upgrade, in my experience you won't regret a KKM.

Not to completely trash on LW; got to say I've got a LW 9mm conversion barrel for my G23 that with G19 mags runs flawlessly. But, for a straight forward barrel upgrade, in my experience you won't regret a KKM.
My LW barrel had a big nick/dent in the side of the chamber opening, I didn't notice it till I saw the dent on my brass and was like hmm.. What's going on here?

GLOCK 17 was my first handgun in 1990. These days I think I own 8. 9mm, .40 and 10mm. Then we can count the guns that are not Glock but use Glocks reliable magazines….

I like GLOCKS in 9MM mostly since its far superior to .45ACP.

See what I did there. Glock v the world is the #2 "lets argue on the internet". 9mm v .45ACP has to be #1, and go…..

You can hate all you want, though many of you know that if you were to walk into a gun store, knowing when you walk out you're gonna be in a gun fight and had to pick an unvetted pistol from the shelf to go fight with, you'd pick a Glock. You know why? Because you're pretty darn sure it'll work right out of the box with whatever ammo you happened to be able to stuff it with. And that's the whole point. They work.

You can hate all you want, though many of you know that if you were to walk into a gun store, knowing when you walk out you're gonna be in a gun fight and had to pick an unvetted pistol from the shelf to go fight with, you'd pick a Glock. You know why? Because you're pretty darn sure it'll work right out of the box with whatever ammo you happened to be able to stuff it with. And that's the whole point. They work.
Bone stock Glock just runs. A Glock that does not run is either modified or really a SA-XD.

My carry is a tool, not an accessory that I wear. Every time I pull the trigger on my Glocks, they just work. As a machinist I appreciate all the precision fit machined steel and aluminum alloy guns out there and own quite a few of them. But when it comes down to the tool for my or my family's life, if its a handgun on me its a Glock.

My G35 with a 9mm barrel has easily over 100k though it. It even rattles at bit if you shake it. I did the Pistol 250 class at GunSite in AZ with it. 3 days in when others were doing clearing drills due to FTF due to lack of enough cleaning was the first time I ever thought I might clean it during the week in that class. I wiped it down a bit, few drops of oil and that was it. Several of the very nice and very expensive 1911 style guns that week were having all kinds of issues at the end of the week. My plastic bodied no frills black gun just kept running even with all those dropped in the dirt mags going back into it. Maybe AZ dirt is Glock lube.

Other reason to carry a Glock. Berettas are banded all over the place.

F418D192-BFD5-4679-891B-7528510A4F1A.jpeg

I own a 19 a 23 and a 20 SF, they are a bit dusty since Walther came out with the PPQ and PDP. I got impatient waiting for Walther to come out with a 10mm and in a moment of weakness ordered a Lone Wolf frame for the Glock 20 that I have yet to try. Glock is a great gun, but feels too much like a 2x4 in my hand.

I'd pick a sig. (indeed I regularly do) basically most of the well known, gun makers (Beretta, sig, Glock, s&w, etc) just run. Glocks are good but they are not the only good ones out there. Relatively my accuracy with Glocks sucks.

I'd pick a sig. (indeed I regularly do) basically most of the well known, gun makers (Beretta, sig, Glock, s&w, etc) just run. Glocks are good but they are not the only good ones out there. Relatively my accuracy with Glocks sucks.
Indeed, I could pick a Berretta and be confident it works as well, but then again id probably pick a glock over it and hopefully find a left over stick mag (if we are talking hypothetics anyway) but also I'd pick a primary weapon or shotgun over any pistol as well. So that argument doesn't really hold a lot of water.

I own a 19 a 23 and a 20 SF, they are a bit dusty since Walther came out with the PPQ and PDP. I got impatient waiting for Walther to come out with a 10mm and in a moment of weakness ordered a Lone Wolf frame for the Glock 20 that I have yet to try. Glock is a great gun, but feels too much like a 2x4 in my hand.
Amen, about the Walther PPQ/PDP. Don't forget about the H&K VP9. With these pistols you won't get the "Glock Knuckle" or the "Glock Finger". Even if you shoot all day long. "Glock Knuckle" - Middle finger knuckle rubbing against the trigger guard (Gen 1-3). "Glock Finger" - Bottom of trigger finger rubbing against the trigger guard. The "Glock Finger" and "Glock Knuckle" usually rears itself after 100 rounds.

Amen, about the Walther PPQ/PDP. Don't forget about the H&K VP9. With these pistols you won't get the "Glock Knuckle" or the "Glock Finger". Even if you shoot all day long. "Glock Knuckle" - Middle finger knuckle rubbing against the trigger guard (Gen 1-3). "Glock Finger" - Bottom of trigger finger rubbing against the trigger guard. The "Glock Finger" and "Glock Knuckle" usually rears itself after 100 rounds.
I didn't get a Glock finger shooting my Glock 17 Gen 5 for 200 rounds in one range session. I only own a G17 but I have rented a G19 several times and I am shooting 100 rounds.

I've never even heard of this before.. I just put 150 rounds of 10mm through the pipe a couple weekends ago and the only thing I got was a slightly bruised web of thumb / hand. I've never had a discomfort shooting even more magnum calibers.
Interesting.. I don't do the micro guns/sub compacts yet.. I'm working on that. (Actually come to think of it I did have a Beretta 950 bs Jetfire I think it was (the .25 cal) and I think that didn't bite me once or twice. What a POS that was! Glad I only paid $60 for it from a friends mom, first mistake pistol ever.. Sold it for I think $75? Maybe $120?)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top