Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

No more BG checks for CCW holders in Nevada

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by civilian75, Sep 2, 2011.

1. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Here is a link to a 8/26/11 BATFE letter announcing Nevada CCW permit holders will be exempt from the NICS BG check.

ATF Open Letter

It only applies to permits issued after July 1, 2011. I expect a large wave of early renewals. I am green with envy!!

Daev and (deleted member) like this.
  2. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Oregon and Washington next? Hopefully.......

3. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Whats wrong with checks? You have something to hide?

Who cares as guns come and go and come to think of it I care more about people I sold to with my name on it.

Plus they still fill out the form and save it but don't call it in...... So it is still on paper. Oh yea you all still file taxes as well. They will find out so don't sweat it.

Or you get your pic......... WA looks like my first DL way back and anybody could use it........

4. nubus

nubus Guest

My biggest complaint is about getting delayed merely because I chose to buy at a busy time for NICS. I have heard that when they get too busy they just start delaying everything until they get caught up Never delayed before and two of my last four were delayed for no reason. Long guns at that. I have no issue with the paperwork, but if it's legal for me to own I would like to take it home today.

5. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

Oregon doesn't want to give up the backround tax!!

6. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Stop your crying and where is my RRA 2 stages? LOL

I get fricking delayed as well because them overpaid government agents are sitting at a desk eating doughnuts and you are taking up there time.

Feds are worthless as well as most other agencies. They also might be to busy becuase of all those shovel ready jobs.........

7. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Gee......that makes ONE state that understands the 2nd Amendment.

8. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

No, I just don't like the added inconvenience.

9. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

As an ffl I can assure you that nics obviously thinks they have a reason. Last time that was happening to me I eventually filled out a Voluntary Appeal File Form. Sent that in with a copy of my fingerprints (all in the package) and a copy of my dl. Few months later I was issued a u-pin #, write in box provided on 4473 form & tell dealer to hit option 6 upon call in to nics. Used to go right thru, of course now with an ffl they already got all my info...