JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
*Edited* typos, was at the gym..

The plan was to stall the system by overwhelming an already shaky, inefficient BGC system. It will now prevent at-risk individuals from accessing firearms in an acceptable (24 hours) timeframe. Even before with the covid surge it took too long. 2-4-14 days is insane without a law stating a waiting period, which we did not have.. therefore (IMO) a blatant overstepping of constitutional and a citizens access to firearms.. and of course they'll (antis) claim that the system is "just getting started".. that "these implementations take time". Its a bunch of MF-BS. Until the system is finalized in no way should it hinder access to law abiding citizens getting a BGC like normal and leaving that day.

It should be highly illegal to prevent access to firearms in this way. I hope it gets annihilated in court..BOHICA.

Last Edited:
And it is all very sporadic. I saw a CHL holder delayed last night. But mine went through in just a couple minutes.
Still makes you hold your breath while waiting though, because you just never know.
Now to book another boating accident, um, I mean fishing trip.

Tri County Gun Club sent a message a couple hours ago saying they are halting FFL operations effective today.
They will no longer receive/accept any future FFL transfer requests until further notice. Likely not until after the state has rolled out their new plan/process for permitting, live fire, etc.
Crazy!!

I bought a lower this weekend online, I have it queued to ship to my FFL in Oregon. If it get's shipped next week and arrives before December 8th which it will. if I initiate the background process and 4473 postmarked before the 8th am I risk for falling into the new permitting system or just a indefinite backlog and a roll of the dice?

In other words, is there is a cut off date of 8 December to get a background request in? There's so much smoke in the air now, it's hard to tell anything. My understanding is they still have to come up with a system for the "permit to purchase" scam. So OSP in the interim will be using the current system?

Oregonian article published this morning says measure 114....."technically kicks in on Jan. 15, 30 days after certification of the vote on Dec. 15."
That's likely the earliest they can attempt to implement the mag ban.
The gun permitting process is likely way beyond that. It will take a while before the nonsense specified in 114 can actually become reality.
I just hope there isn't some crazy declaration that even though the new process isn't ready, the old/current process must be halted.
So many questions and so much up in the air right now. Impossible to really know until State Police provide more details.

Full article:

Just submitted the BGC and am 10,058 in line, not good. Bad thing is last week I submitted a GBC and was 4,600 or so, now thanks to CHL holders I went up to around 5,100........ :(

System crashed twice while they were trying to enter my info at about 3pm at Ticklickers in Corvallis. Managed to get an instant. No chl. Manager said waitlist was over 10k and chl was 1000 plus. Store was busy. They were not doing trades.

System crashed twice while they were trying to enter my info at about 3pm at Ticklickers in Corvallis. Managed to get an instant. No chl. Manager said waitlist was over 10k and chl was 1000 plus. Store was busy. They were not doing trades.
A cut above pawn has a note on the door that they are suspending online transfers.

Oof. It's getting ugly, guys. What happens when/of FFLs stop sales altogether. Surely they'll stop selling to non CHL fairly soon or risk being stuck with a bunch of spoken for inventory. Or maybe they'll all just say screw it and release everything in the last 3 days

If I'm reading this right, in OR law, FFL can release the firearm the next day if no denial or approval from the state. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. If this is correct, perhaps it's time to hold FFLs to this standard or at least identify the ones who follow it?
EFB5A6DB-CB15-4ACF-82E4-0359DBBC712F.jpeg
609B358E-1277-4616-B397-BEAA1276D663.jpeg
B6791B52-8E40-40D2-98A3-C2A085165DC2.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads