JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm ok with that IF they don't allow voting until 21 AND are no longer eligible for the draft until they're 21. They don't get to pick and choose.

Militia Act of 1791, although "not renewed" since 1794ish... does specify "18-45" as the age of eligibility for militia service. Edit. The replacement, Selective Service still says all male US citizens and male immigrants 18-25 must register. They haven't changed to include women :rolleyes:

Militia Act of 1791, although "not renewed" since 1794ish... does specify "18-45" as the age of eligibility for militia service.
Yup, they'd have to change it all. If they want to change the definition to an adult, be consistent. Honestly, if they're not old enough to drink, they're not old enough to die for our country or vote.

Yup, they'd have to change it all. If they want to change the definition to an adult, be consistent.
See my edit. Current version of Selective Service System still says 18-25 and must be male either US citizen or legal immigrant :rolleyes: nothing about females or "all genders". Imagine the massive backlash and rioting were they to say "all US citizens and legal immigrants regardless of gender identities must register for Selective Service" with very strict exemptions :s0064:

Part of that bipartisan crap they passed and goes into effect on the 14th(?). Something right around there. But... to note that states that use a state agency intermediary (like OSP)... it's likely already in place and active.

Also, auto triggers a "delay", which also requires FFL's to both report the persons personal info to NCIS (aka federal registry) and report that info to local LE as well (aka state registry).

Basically killing any 18-20yr old purchases for anyone half concerned about governmental overstep... and.... encouraging "straw purchases". But of course no one will call it that if a mom or pop decides they suddenly want exactly what their kid wanted... then suddenly decide a few days later they didn't want it as much as they thought and just gift it to their kid. ;)

Gun control laws do what now? Yup!! Make law abiding citizens into "criminals". Go Brandon!!!

At least in OR we won't have to worry about ANY gun purchases or 18-20yr old BS for a year or two... if 114 passes. 🤣 F'ing woketards.

Hey, that's me!
If you don't stutter, know that bullets can't hold 8 rounds, what a "weapon of war" really is, and fully aware how much more it now costs to put go juice in your rattle box.... you're obviously the "other one". :s0155:

wo0atvmj9ux91.jpg

I never understood why the Selective Service aka the Draft registration hasn't included all eligible citizens and lawful permanent residents to register. Quite a double standard when talking about equality on all fronts for all Americans.

As far as the NICS intentional delays, it's a crock of s***, just a political barrier to prevent honest Americans from using their rights.

I never understood why the Selective Service aka the Draft registration hasn't included all eligible citizens and lawful permanent residents to register. Quite a double standard when talking about equality on all fronts for all Americans.
Tradition

You don't have to be a citizen to enlist in the US military, just a lawful resident.

Tradition

You don't have to be a citizen to enlist in the US military, just a lawful resident.
It's nice to know the 11-15mil illegals will be safe in our homes while U.S. youth will be placed in harms way to protect their rights to overtax U.S. public systems.

Maybe Putler has the right idea. Just send the police and national guard out into the streets, grab whoever who appears over 16yrs old, can walk relatively upright and compel them into service. And let's not forget our prisons chock full of able bodies! :s0155:

NICS must inform the licensee as soon as possible, but in no case more than 3 business days, "whether cause exists to further investigate a possibly disqualifying juvenile record." If cause exists, NICS must notify the licensee as soon as possible but no more than 10 business days from the initiation of the NICS check whether the buyer is prohibited.
I am a bit confused here - what would be a 'possibly disqualifying juvenile record' - and how would it impact the BGC if that was supposed to already determine if a buyer is prohibited - or not?

I am a bit confused here - what would be a 'possibly disqualifying juvenile record' - and how would it impact the BGC if that was supposed to already determine if a buyer is prohibited - or not?
Peviously treated for mental issues... like being seen by a Dr and preliminarily diagnosed with depression.. or treated for such. Open ended diagnosis's like that can persist since it's not common that a record will be updated with "he/she's all better now". If a person had actual ongoing therapy or treatment or not... the "diagnosis" can negatively persist.

We had that come up when one of son's joined the army. Early in his teens the school counselor/psycologist said he might have "clinical depression" and documented it, but ongoing treatment or medication was never advised or necessary. "Keep an eye on it" basically. IOW... your typical "teenage growing pains FUNK" for a few weeks... then he was back to himself again. It never crossed our minds when he filled out his paperwork until it came up with his background check for the military. He had to get an evaluation and waiver or they would have kicked him out.

I can certainly see that as an excuse to deny a BGC. At least until it's "resolved" and they have to reapply again(?)

"Radical" social media content that might be deemed a danger to themselves or others... which is subjective... and quite a slipperly slope. I mean... if my kid is posting photos to his friends showing his elk kill while field dressing, or parts hangin on a meat pole... how will that be perceived by some tight wad woke desk jockey?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads