JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I only mention it because I went through the same thing with my father. He didn't live forever. :(

I purchased three different firearms as presents for him over the years. I had a feeling I would get them back one day so, while I picked pieces I knew he'd like, I also gave them my stamp of approval.

When he passed on, he left his collection to me. I have 5 sisters and my 1 brother was still alive at the time. He wasn't interested in the firearms and didn't raise a ruckus.

Two of my sisters were kinda PO'd about not getting any of the firearms but all they were gonna do is sell 'em for more money out of the property distribution.

I hate family crap like that.

Well, I only mention it because I went through the same thing with my father. He didn't live forever. :(

I purchased three different firearms as presents for him over the years. I had a feeling I would get them back one day so, while I picked pieces I knew he'd like, I also gave them my stamp of approval.

When he passed on, he left his collection to me. I have 5 sisters and my 1 brother was still alive at the time. He wasn't interested in the firearms and didn't raise a ruckus.

Two of my sisters were kinda PO'd about not getting any of the firearms but all they were gonna do is sell 'em for more money out of the property distribution.

My siblings are all like me and would rather he never passed. But also not the kind to sell things that belonged to him just to get money. All my sibs have guns, but only my oldest brother and I are enthusiastic about them.
I'm the one they all come to for advice and help with them. I don't worry that it will be any issue...
as much as I hate to think about it, he is 77 and has Parkinson's. Looked like he was in his 40s until about 10 years ago, then Parkinson's aged him about 40 years. He still gets around OK, but...
Don't want to think about this anymore:s0099:

...Trigger job is very nice, but we were getting lots of light primer strikes... I'm gunna put the old spring back in I think.
Frankly, there are much better ways of doing a Trigger Job than just sticking a different set of springs in. Take it to a Good Pistolsmith and have him do it right. You would be amazed.:)

Frankly, there are much better ways of doing a Trigger Job than just sticking a different set of springs in. Take it to a Good Pistolsmith and have him do it right. You would be amazed.:)
It's on the to do list:s0155:
Wally at Gators will get it set up for him.

Came with wood, guy I got it had the trigger done, and put Hogues on it. Looks better with the woods... classy.
Trigger job is very nice, but we were getting lots of light primer strikes... I'm gunna put the old spring back in I think.
Some PPC competitors etc. would lighten up their guns so much that they'd only set off the most sensitive primers (I think they were/are Federal). Screw any of that.. I never swap out springs and the standard test is if it always sets off CCI primers in double action (you generally shoot that way anyway and the hammer doesn't go back as far), it's good as they are considered the hardest.

That's cool .
My dad lives in SO Cal .but he said he would like to have a 1911 I tried to get a guy at work to sell me the old one he has but he wanted to much money for it and it was not in great shape.good job MYGRAINMAN . that's pretty cool

All these pats on the back for paying my rent...:p

Thanks guys, but I do it every month. This time was just a bit more satisfying for me.:s0155:

Some PPC competitors etc. would lighten up their guns so much that they'd only set off the most sensitive primers (I think they were/are Federal). Screw any of that.. I never swap out springs and the standard test is if it always sets off CCI primers in double action (you generally shoot that way anyway and the hammer doesn't go back as far), it's good as they are considered the hardest.
Definitely more LPSs when shooting double action... Dad said it feels like the hammer isn't going back as far as it should.

Sneaky....when Dad passes on I assume you and the firearms are mentioned in the will? ;)

Not something I want to think about... he needs to live forever!
I've been letting my dad hold onto my 686 for about 40 yrs.
He carried it on the job from the 70s til the mid 80s when his dept went to .40s... he thinks its his. Adorable.

I'm in no hurry to get it back... one of these days it'll be too soon.

Site, SITE, web-SITE....say it with me.
I didn't even realize that... my site isn't what it used to be.. fixed it:)

Nobody likes a grammar Nazi!

B9426D7D-E1FF-4C09-973F-3ED249DBD4B3.png

My dad left all his guns to me precisely because he knew my brothers would just sell them, and he told them so. No arguments from them when it came time.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top