JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I rent the house I grew up in from my father... He's in his late 70's and just started collecting guns a few years ago. He has always wanted a really nice revolver, but never found one in his price range that he liked...
I owed him a little bit of cash, and rent is coming due in a few weeks, so I found a guy on another site that had the perfect piece, and wanted one of my ARs for trade...so It's worth a bit more than I owed him, and the trade was definitely in the other guys favor, but when I left dad had his cleaning kit out on the kitchen table, and was smiling ear to ear wiping his new prize down with a cloth...
Priceless!

EEDBB31D-26CD-47BA-9992-7538985F9DF0.jpeg
This isn't it, but it's the same thing
Smith and Wesson 586 4"...
Sweet Shooter!

Last Edited:
The gift that keeps on giving!!! :)

Spock: [in response to Kirk pawning his antique spectacles from The Wrath of Khan] Excuse me, Admiral. But weren't those a birthday gift from Dr. McCoy?
Kirk: And they will be again, that's the beauty of it.

The gift that keeps on giving!!! :)

Spock: [in response to Kirk pawning his antique spectacles from The Wrath of Khan] Excuse me, Admiral. But weren't those a birthday gift from Dr. McCoy?
Kirk: And they will be again, that's the beauty of it.
Well it wasn't exactly a gift, it was payment, and I do get to shoot it whenever I want. But since it was a bit of an over pay, I guess it's kinda a gift.
I gotta admit though... I was reluctant to give it to him after bringing it home to put the wood grips back on, and clean it up..(it came with hogue rubber grips)
It is Sooo nice... and the trigger is fantastic!
But after seeing his reaction... it was well worth it!

I rent the house I grew up in from my father... He's in his late 70's and just started collecting guns a few years ago. He has always wanted a really nice revolver, but never found one in his price range that he liked...
I owed him a little bit of cash, and rent is coming due in a few weeks, so I found a guy on another sight that had the perfect piece, and wanted one of my ARs for trade...so It's worth a bit more than I owed him, and the trade was definitely in the other guys favor, but when I left dad had his cleaning kit out on the kitchen table, and was smiling ear to ear wiping his new prize down with a cloth...
Priceless!

View attachment 479617
Sweet Shooter!

THAT was 1st rate Bud it really was.
Made my day just reading about it.

I owed him a little bit of cash, and rent is coming due in a few weeks, so I found a guy on another sight that had the perfect piece, and wanted one of my ARs for trade...so It's worth a bit more than I owed him, and the trade was definitely in the other guys favor, but when I left dad had his cleaning kit out on the kitchen table, and was smiling ear to ear wiping his new prize down with a cloth...
Priceless!

View attachment 479617
Sweet Shooter!

DAMN nice!!!!!!!

... I was reluctant to give it to him after bringing it home to put the wood grips back on, and clean it up..(it came with hogue rubber grips)
It's possible that the gun came with the Hogues and not Wood. I believe the Woods in the picture are Altmont grips. Smith and Wesson closed their own Wood Shop in 1985.

It's possible that the gun came with the Hogues and not Wood. I believe the Woods in the picture are Altmont grips. Smith and Wesson closed their own Wood Shop in 1985.
Came with wood, guy I got it had the trigger done, and put Hogues on it. Looks better with the woods... classy.
Trigger job is very nice, but we were getting lots of light primer strikes... I'm gunna put the old spring back in I think.

Came with wood, guy I got it had the trigger done, and put Hogues on it. Looks better with the woods... classy.
Trigger job is very nice, but we were getting lots of light primer strikes... I'm gunna put the old spring back in I think.

Pic is from the net... not DAD's 586.

Sneaky....when Dad passes on I assume you and the firearms are mentioned in the will? ;)
Not something I want to think about... he needs to live forever!
When I handed it to him, I told him he can't sell it accept to me.
He said he'll never sell, I'll just have to wait till he's gone and fight my siblings for it. I hate it when he jokes about his mortality.

I have 4 brothers and a sister.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads