JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So moved to Oregon a year and a half ago and promptly got my concealed carry permit. Carried for 10 years when I worked for the railroad in the 70s/80s but not since then. So my brother-in-law sold me an old S&W snubnose that I've been carrying now. It's an Airweight that he 'bobbed' the hammer on to carry undercover as a narc in Illinois. But now I want to sell the gun and replace it with a Sig p365. Here's where I need some advice...
Should I replace the hammer to sell for more? Should I just sell 'cheaper' and let the new owner replace the hammer if they want? (the bobbed hammer works perfectly well). How hard is it to replace the hammer if that's the way I go?

Don't sell it till you find yourself tobe very comfortable with the Sig. FWIW I usually carry a Airweight Smith around my home / property and change to a Smith Shield when I go to town. If you sell the Airweight you maybe sorry.
Back to your question, unless you already have a spare hammer I wouldn't be changing it, just to sell it. As far as your asking price, I wouldn't expect the hammer to change the sales value of an Airweight that has seen over ten years of carry enough to justify the trouble and expense of changing it.

thanks for the input! exactly what I was looking for. what's a reasonable (sell it fast before I regret it) price?Have stock walnut grips, black rubber grips, and my currently used plastic grips with the built in 'hook' to hang my belt or pants. and of course about a 100 rounds of ammo? other than the hammer the gun is in good/very good condition.

20190128_085402.jpg 20190128_085313.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
Unless you are selling one to pay for another, why not keep both? As stated above, you may find one better for certain situations than the other. Variety is nice.

thanks for the welcome everyone! just glad I made it to a state where concealed carry is ridiculously easy. truth be told I was a local tv anchor/reporter for 20+ years after 10 years on the railroad. then I was a radio talk show host for about a year. so my views on guns and gun rights run the gamut. but the one thing I'm a firm believer in is concealed carry.
I wanna sell the Smith, and then sell my recently bought Taurus .380 TCP and go with a new 9mm SIG p365. I still have my Springfield Arms XDm. I'm just trying to eliminate a few calibers.Will I sell my 629 Classic? Probably not. After that SIG I wanna get a KelTec sub2000.

Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent.

I'd also keep the snubby. You aren't going to be thoroughly familiar with the new gun for quite a while. I don't trust any gun until it has several hundred round through it, multiple cleanings, etc. And if you use a gun to defend yourself it's going to be confiscated. You'll want a second gun to fall back on, preferably one you are already thoroughly familiar with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top