JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember that because I had some online acquaintances living there then, so I took an interest.

I was not as 2A savvy as I am now, but I still remember thinking that NZ's response put the jerk in Knee Jerk.

Last Edited:
Same thing went on in Australia.

th.jpg

Totally not surprised, but they will never learn from it, or if they do they will never admit it. Besides, the real agenda behind gun control is people control.

"They" don't care about "safety" or crime, so if anything they just say we need yet more gun control. As you say, it is about people control. Until we are all disarmed (more or less), they will keep pushing for more.

Yes. I read it. The numbers don't matter. Murder is illegal already. More laws won't help. Magically make all guns disappear and watch the murder numbers rise. The strong and the criminal will always prey on the weak and law abiding. The gun allows the weak a fighting chance. They allow the law abiding to act as deterrents.

Many studies have shown the dobads fear an armed victim far more than law enforcement.

Did you guys read the story?

I am unsure of what point you are trying to make; your post seems to imply that you think New Zealand's gun laws are effective. Even if we take those numbers at face value, what is the solution? Are you suggesting we implement gun laws similar to New Zealand's?

If you could clarify that would be great!

Yes. I read it. The numbers don't matter. Murder is illegal already. More laws won't help. Magically make all guns disappear and watch the murder numbers rise. The strong and the criminal will always prey on the weak and law abiding. The gun allows the weak a fighting chance. They allow the law abiding to act as deterrents.

Many studies have shown the dobads fear an armed victim far more than law enforcement.
And this is why they also want you to turn in your knives in England. Next it will be rocks..........:s0054:

New Zealand gun related deaths were so low before the terrorist incident (which was committed by a non-NZ person) that the restrictions passed in response had no chance to significantly reduce such deaths. Once you approach zero incidence it becomes expotentially more difficult to make progress in limiting such incidences. In other words, it is nearly impossible to decrease gun crime below the level where criminals figure that the risks are worth taking.

Disarming the general public gives the criminals less risk, so the effect is counterproductive.

How nice of the officials to admit what legal gun owners always say. Criminals will always have guns. Regardless of how wrongly law abiding gun owners are vilified.

Criminals and gangs have zero to lose. Police provide protection by priority. Pesky citizens are always the lowest priority. Self preservation is always #1 priority.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top