JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

There's a subscription wall, so the nuts and bolts are:

A new policy was implemented last week by the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), which seeks to collect the addresses of gun purchasers in a bid to comply with new federal law.

Federally licensed firearms dealers (FFLs) will now be required to provide the FBI with the personal addresses of individuals who attempt to make a purchase but are denied or have a delayed transaction. The FBI will also provide local law enforcement with details of failed transactions, which include delayed transactions, as well as the personal information of rejected individuals. Earlier, firearms dealers only had to provide a purchaser's state of residence rather than their full address in case of denial or delay.

How the Nazis used gun control laws.

See the similarities yet?

BUT, But, but.......

"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."

Aloha, Mark

PS........Nah.....I learned history in school......
Its-all-about-Deer-Hunting.jpg

Last Edited:
Both my wife and I had all our firearms needs purchased at least 20 years ago. Since then it's been buying whatever happened to "jump out at us" as being interesting or unusual. With Washington having weaponized their systems against firearms purchasers (medical records release required for handguns and semiautomatic rifles, training mandate, etc.) and the Federal government moving in that direction, we discussed it and have chosen to not participate in the tyranny by not making any further firearms purchases.

Well, I have a FFL, a upin, a TSA clearance, Wa and Or CPL.
And get delayed about 25% of the time.
Not sure how I feel about telling the FBI on myself.

So now I'm going to have a JBT show up at my door when I get delayed because I have one of the most common surnames in Caucasian history?

What exactly are they going to do or ask?
As strapped as local LE offices are, I hightly doubt they will be door knocking for delay reports. Denials... maybe.

I think it's more just about the fed's widending their ability to do "real time" additions to their gun registry. Now that they have all the old records digitized they want to fill in new entries as they occur rather than having to wait for an FFL to go out of business. They're pulling FFL licenses to speed up the data collection and copying full records during annual FFL audits, but there was some backlash about that.

They need to get creative with as many data source inputs as possible. Trying to hide them within "common sense" gun control laws is a golden goose for them.

Seems like it would be easier to arrest and imprison (Or get mental help for) people that start doing bad things at an early age? What are the stats? How many people go through their lives to adulthood without any record of bad behavior? And then in their mid '20s, '30s, '40s get guns and start commiting crimes?

Seems like it would be easier to arrest and imprison (Or get mental help for) people that start doing bad things at an early age? What are the stats? How many people go through their lives to adulthood without any record of bad behavior? And then in their mid '20s, '30s, '40s get guns and start commiting crimes?
Just the ones that haven't been caught yet... ;)

Law enforcement, especially the feds, have a BAD record of enforcing the related laws. In fact in the recent past the House voted against such a requirement.

IMHO lots of smoke, little action.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads