JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well... it's a "state rights" issue, no ? :D Anyway, we need one of our "Assault Weapons" cases to get to SCOTUS asap to resolve this once and for all.

Well it's Michael Bumberg's..am not surprised
The measure, which would tighten the state's ban on what it defines as assault weapons, would include a ban on ammunition magazines holding more than seven bullets, increased penalties and prison sentences for some gun crimes and a requirement that mental-health providers report potentially dangerous patients to authorities.

Can I buy a Barrett .50 BMG with a 5 round magazine in NY? oh wait, a 50 cal in a bolt action with a 5 round magazine.

Ya'all get what you vote for. Would you like icing on your cake, or do you just want it plain? In either event STFU and eat it, you voted for it.

I'm pretty sure that majority of NYorkers are fine with such restrictions and won't be making a sound. However, Constitution is also there to protect minorities against the tyranny of majority. We need SCOTUS to set the things straight.

Like they set 'Bamacare and it's "it's a tax, it's not a tax" defense straight?

I'm pretty sure that majority of NYorkers are fine with such restrictions and won't be making a sound. However, Constitution is also there to protect minorities against the tyranny of majority. We need SCOTUS to set the things straight.

Like you said... States' rights, right? I want to own a fully operational M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank, and a few RPGs too. I'd settle for a pintle-mounted M2 BMG, however.... What say ye 5 of 9 of ye olde SCROTUS, Yes? ;)

Like you said... States' rights, right? ;)

And I was being sarcastic. Not only states don't have any rights, they have powers, but also their powers don't override individual rights protected by the BoR and extended to the states via 14A. I say NY and alike places need a slap, just like Illinois got not so long ago.

Ya'all get what you vote for. Would you like icing on your cake, or do you just want it plain? In either event STFU and eat it, you voted for it.

That's Bull! Many good people in that state didn't vote that way. They fought a battle so you didn't have to. Now, they've lost, and the anti's can take their big "win" and move like locusts to the next state. At some point it will happen here, regardless of how we voted.

However, Constitution is also there to protect minorities against the tyranny of majority. We need SCOTUS to set the things straight.

Agreed, we're a republic, not a democracy.

Well... it's a "state rights" issue, no ? :D Anyway, we need one of our "Assault Weapons" cases to get to SCOTUS asap to resolve this once and for all.

What I don't understand is the Supreme Court has stated that states can enact reasonable restrictions on ownership. What is reasonable about complete and total denial of the right to own or even purchase? Although I don't see much difference in this law the law they have now accept it changes it from 10 rounds to seven rounds. Which shows you how screwed up their laws are already.

New York is going straight to hell. I refuse to visit my relatives or even go there. Same with Kalifornia.

What a shame.. I wrote an entire thread about this earlier. Cuomo said he wanted to enforce a gun seizure of all the hi cap mags and semi auto rifles that are present in the state, but met such fierce opposition he retracted his statement. However, I know he certainly wants to do this, and is just waiting for the right time to introduce such tyrannical and treasonous legislation.

If a gun seizure happens in New York, I wonder how many people who call themselves patriots would just sit around and let it happen??

No matter how much we may hate the state of New York and California, they are still parts of the USA and what happens there can affect us way over here.

Here is my previous post on the subject, on the very day that Cuomo announced he wanted to push gun confiscation legislation in New York:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...cuomo-wants-your-guns-new-yorkers-beware.html

After Hurricane Sandy, people are still pissing in pots in the dark, plus they have the time and resources to strip NY'rs of more of their rights. The voters there get what they richly deserve. I was cheering when I heard that there was still mass misery in Jersey well after the election from Sandy. Couldnt happen to a bunch of more deserving, worthless people.

Total gun registration. They cant confiscate if they dont know who has them. Its COMING. It is not a tinfoil hat panic now is it? their agenda has been clear all along. 1 year to sell your high cap mags out of state then its a misdemeanor and jail time if they find it in your home after that. They are going to criminalize gun owners and then pass those law abiding citizens off as criminals to the rest of the country and everyone is going to gasp and say Oh NOOOO, CrIMINALS!!! and then next thing you will hear is a knock on YOUR door..............

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top