JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Taking on reloading for my cousin now and he shoots something I'm glad I don't: .300 WinMag.

Using FL dies, H4350, Sierra Gameking 180gr, CCI Large Magnum

For the belted magnum crowd:
Do you load for resting on the belt or shoulder?

Taking on reloading for my cousin now and he shoots something I'm glad I don't: .300 WinMag.

Using FL dies, H4350, Sierra Gameking 180gr, CCI Large Magnum

For the belted magnum crowd:
Do you load for resting on the belt or shoulder?

Always the shoulder, just as I do everything else. Nothing to loading for a belted magnum.

Shoulder. Also once fired get a neck sizer and ditch the full length. If you want to go crazy, assuming this 300 is for out pass 500 yards get a neck lathe as well as a depth gauge.

Thanks guys. I'll be sizing .002-004" under chamber down the road for him.

Using the above mentioned powder because that's what he has right now.

IF you have a hard time finding H4350, you can always use IMR4350. That was my "go to" powder when I used to load for a 300WM... Pretty versatile powder for bullets weighing from 165 to 200gr. You can also just bump the shoulder back with a FL sizing die (as in partial full length sizing) and be golden. No need for anything fancy... Trust me on that...

Last Edited:
Yep, they had 5 pounds on the shelf today, for $25.97 (I believe). I didn't buy any, as I have 6 pounds at the house. Figured I'd let someone else buy it. It's been rare as hens teeth around here... Thanks for the heads up though. Someone else may need some...!!!!

Thanks @bsa1917hunter im used to bumping just the shoulders a hair on my 308 and 223 rifles.

Glad to know I don't have to treat these belted cases any different than normal cases.

I believe the belt was put on dangerous game cartridges that had no shoulders so they wouldn't fall too far in the chamber, a lot of shouldered rounds were formed from those cases and still have them, even though they serve no purpose with a shoulder.

Thanks all.

Loaded. Now my cousin can go blow his shoulder off shooting the ladder.

93D96C63-E3A4-42F3-A49C-D5425EB83945.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR