JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And you call yourself a "gun-nut"...
When my arms locker looks like THIS...
raiders_warehouse.jpg
...it'll be just A Good Start.

my original post was a worst case scenario...

the minimum I could work with would be 1 elk rifle, 1 gvt size 1911 in 45 acp. and 1 sub compact 9mm.

First two listed by the OP, "Demand" & "Space" (due to the silliness) are moot in my mind.
My thoughts based on the last, "finances".
Family comes first so one, whatever works best for your protection gun, sell the rest to ensure survival of the family starting with the newest or easiest to replace first, ending when your squared and flush or you are down to your protection. After that, If you're still sinking, You got some tough decisions to make, guns will be the least of them.

As long as I have my Glock 19, Ar15, Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle, and Mossberg 590, I would be happy as a tornado in a trailer park. But since I can have more...... I do.
:s0042: Cause Merica!!

I'm not sure how many guns I have now.... I would guess its close to my age in years. If I could only have things I have now and had to strip it down to the absolute no holds barred minimum.

Barrett M82a1
2 AR15 rifles ( That means I would be getting rid of 20 or so, It would be a nightmare trying to swap around parts and settle on two but I suspect one would be my Noveske Lo Pro and the other one of my SBR's
2 AR10 rifles
My several family heirloom rifles
CZ455 .22 LR
10/22 (again, building one out of the 7 or so of them I have
M&P full size 9MM
M&P compact 9MM
M&P Shield 9MM

Much of that list is about what would be most useful and most likely to be use. Not necessarily what I am most attached to. There a a lot of firearms I have that I really like that in the end I have no real need of. On that note the only reason why the .50 made the list is because if I let it go I'll never be able to replace it.

That seems like a reasonable list..... I can tell you I would have a hell of a time getting rid of the other 40 or so though.

Two of everything as follows...
--one set each blued or parked and stainless or nickeled longside 1911s ("set" being a brace of two)
--one set each Governments, ditto
--one set each Officers'-size, same
--10.3"/Mk 18-clone AR pistol (5.56 and .300BLK uppers)
--12.5"/ GL/SSC-clone AR pistol (ditto)
--M4gery
--M16A4 clone
--M1 Carbine
--Garand
--Thompson
--Ruger 22/45 or similar
--Ruger 10/22 or similar
--and for the girlfriend assuming things progress to "same household":
----sidearms of her preference, in both fullsize and compact versions
----clones of Canadian-issue C7 rifle, C8 carbine and C8-CQB AR pistol
----other iron to suit her preferences

If I "had to" start thinning the herd? Last to go would be a 1911. If I could only have one, that's it. From there? I would want a PCC. If only one then it would be the same caliber as the 1911. After that probably some .22's both hand gun and rifle. Then of course from there is spreads out to the way it is now. While back co worker asked me "so how many guns do you own?". I had to stop and say, "I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but I really don't know off the top of my head. Would take a while to inventory them :)

Agreed. I didn't read anything bad into it. I tried to imagine what I would do if we were in dire straits and needed the extra $$. As to the OP's question, well, my wife would never make me sell any of my guns - heck, she's helped me build the collection. I don't see an answer to that question giving the anti's any fuel. It's just a curiosity, as Joe stated above.

That was how I took it too. Either had to sell some for needed cash, or for some other reason had to thin the herd so what would be the last to go and what would be the last few to go and such.

Last Edited:
I could probably do it with two, a compact 1911 for carry, and a 12 gauge pump shotgun for everything else, maybe have a short defensive length barrel and a longer hunting barrel. The new Mossberg with detachable mags is making me seriously think about replacing my AR15 with a shotgun for defensive purposes. Keep a couple 10 or 15 round mags loaded with buckshot and slugs and anything around here within 75-100 yards is basically taken care of.

This was just brain food.

My wife doesn't regulate my hobbies and trusts me to keep them reasonable.

I'm not selling anything but will continue to look for a great deal when I have a little extra scratch.

I admitted that I did not own all of the guns I listed but would like to own them someday.

My heirloom guns didn't even come into my equation.

I even added fun guns to my list because honestly, I like to go have fun with my firearms.

It was not meant to be a serious thread so just have fun with it.;)

My Wife used to whine a little about guns but that was a LONG time ago. We have gotten to the point now where we do what we please. Since we are old enough to not go nuts we do not worry about it. It's why I don't (yet) have something like an STI double stack 10. Could I afford one? It would be nothing, just go buy it. Just not ready to right now spend a few K on a gun. If I really wanted to the Wife would maybe raise and eyebrow but that would be all. For us it's easy. Kids are long gown and gone and can take care of themselves. We both still work and we do what we feel like as time goes by.

Ideally, I'd like to hang onto my rifle, shotgun & a handgun. Worst case scenario, it's not pretty, but I'd keep my Gen 4 Glock 19.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top