JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Whatever scenario you want to put on this is fine if it works to spark your imagination, partner demands it, not enough room, even not enough money and need to sell.

So! How few guns could you live with and what would they be? You can have fun guns, multiple carry guns, hunting guns etc. The sky's the limit but a bunch of people who can't live without a ma deuce and S&W 500 if you don't already have those will be boring but they can be guns you would buy so think a little before you go hog wild:p:D.

I'll add mine but not in the OP.

Last Edited:
I need a good 30-06 for hunting.
A shotgun I could use for home defense and hunting. - barrel swap.
A 22 rifle
A carry pistol
A full size revolver in a magnum cartridge.
I could do everything with those I sure don't want to. I like choices.

My list:

Carry gun - currently M&P 9c, but G19, G17 or full size M&P could be alternate
Rifle - AR, either 5.56 or .308
Shotgun - Mossberg 590A1
.22 - Rifle or pistol

If I could add one more, I would add a scoped bolt gun in .308 and leave the AR as a 5.56

That would be my bare minimum.

If I HAD to:
Tikka Super Varmint .30/06
AR with .22 conversion
1911 in 10 mm auto
1911 para Warthawg 9 mm
Lots of black powder, primers, and lead for all above!!!
Depending on the situ I would swap the Tikka with a FN/FAL!
Wife has her own firearms addiction, so this would never happen unless SHTF/TEOTWAWKI:(
Then I would take both high power rifles, and the Wife would have hers:
Tikka T-3 Lights in .243 or .308
AR with .22 conversion
1911 in .45 APC
S/W Shield 9 mm

Whatever scenario you want to put on this is fine if it works to spark your imagination, spouse demands it, not enough room, even not enough money and need to sell.

So! How few guns could you live with and what would they be? You can have fun guns, multiple carry guns, hunting guns etc. The sky's the limit but a bunch of people who can't live without a ma deuce and S&W 500 if you don't already have those will be boring but they can be guns you would buy so think a little before you go hog wild:p:D.

I'll add mine but not in the OP.
I fixed that for you. Not all of us have wives.:rolleyes::po_O

I know this goes against the grain here, but I could live with no guns. I don't hunt and I've no interest in carrying a gun, so I don't "need" a gun. I have guns because I want them.

That being said, I'd need to keep 8 of my guns:
4 NFA firearms - fun to shoot retirement investments
2 Ruger blackhawks 9mm and .45
1 SR22 - pistol suppressor host
1 Ruger American .22 - rifle suppressor host

I could sell all the rest, if I HAD to.

Tough question, mostly because with a few exceptions, we planned the purchases. There are a few that were planned that I would sell and there are a couple that were impulse buys that I wouldn't give up. The Sub 2000 (9mm) and the Henry's survival were both impulse buys and both fit easily into a back pack/duffel/bug out bag, so definitely keepers. We have enough 22 to keep shooting for some time and 9 is rather inexpensive right now. I won't be giving a list. This woman has more guns then shoes or purses (I have no purses), and I would not give up many easily. Just ask the grandson. :D

Last Edited:
I fixed that for you. Not all of us have wives.:rolleyes::po_O

A2483DEE-F2BC-41EC-B301-C1A500675ECC.gif

I know this goes against the grain here, but I could live with no guns. I don't hunt and I've no interest in carrying a gun, so I don't "need" a gun. I have guns because I want them.

That being said, I'd need to keep 8 of my guns:
4 NFA firearms - fun to shoot retirement investments
2 Ruger blackhawks 9mm and .45
1 SR22 - pistol suppressor host
1 Ruger American .22 - rifle suppressor host

I could sell all the rest, if I HAD to.

:s0124::s0124::s0124::s0124::s0124:

Very tough question..
some would say pistol, rifle, shotgun.. and while I would tend to agree..
The gun glotton in me quickly looks at calibers being necessary as well as size.

That being said:

3 rifles
1 .22LR (Ruger 10/22)
1 Bolt action (probably in .308)
1 Semi auto (AR15).. just more options upper wise if I was limited to one lower.
..Sorry to all my past AKs. :rolleyes:

2 pistols
1 for range use (92FS or 1911)
1 for conceal carry (snubnosed .357)
Im not a wheel gun type, but I cannot rule out the .357.. and for CC I figure its a well rounded caliber with plenty of options.. the real tough choice is .45 or 9mm for the range.. Im in love with both the 92 and 1911.. I don't know which Id choose if I was on the spot.. probably the 92fs.

1 Shotgun
For me its an 870
because thats what I started with shotgun wise, that and I could swap barrels for hunting or for fun.

6 would be the absolute minimum for me. With all those I could still do pretty much what I always do when shooting, having fun.

For me:

Home Defense:
1911 .45acp
Rem 870 7+1 20"
AR 20" 5.56

Carry:
Summer gun compact 9mm
Winter gun Beretta 92fs
Forest gun GP100 6" SS .357mag

Hunting:
30-06 scoped
Rem 870 magnum 28" barrel w/changeable chokes
.22 revolver

Teaching guns:
.22 rifle lever action
.22 pistol - Ruger mark 4

Travel:
9mm AR (and fun:D

Fun:
Ak-47

I could only get it down to 13:rolleyes:

Carry and hunting could use my HD guns but I would want my HD guns available for my wife to access.

If for a serious reason I had too then I could maybe go down too 7.

I don't own all of the above but they should be within reach in a few years.

So! How few guns could you live with and what would they be?

If the scenario was really that bad I could take it down to just one gun, a super compact/pocket 9mm single stack like the Sig 938 (or Kimber Micro 9). I'm not suggesting these are even my favorite or the best guns in the world or anything like that but the caliber is in the top 3 for self defense and the size of those can go virtually anywhere undetected and the Sig shoots as well and accurate as a full size handgun.

In this bizzaro world hypothetical scenario, I could probably live with just 2: a bolt action hunting rifle, and my trusty single shot .22. Those would effectively cover everything from small rodents to elk. Not really ideal, but pretty much all I had in my teens.

A shotgun seems like a real necessity until I considered how little I've actually done with one, and how much of that could have been done with a .22.

And, as for social work? I've done some in the past, but I live in a pretty quiet place now. Anyway, a man standing in his front door with a hunting rifle isn't something to be trifled with.

More critters have been taken by a .22 then all others combined, about the most efficient use of powder, bullet and rifle there is! Best, maybe, maybe not, but always a part of "The Plan" I Could go with just one, my Anshutz Mod 64!

As many as I can afford.....I don't need to give the anti's any stats to use in their favor.

I can just hear it now....."Well avid firearm enthusiasts on average believe they only need this many"......

Is this some weird trick to try and find out how many firearms I currently own? Cause I ain't giving up any of them unless the time comes when I actually have to carry what I own. And I got a wheel barrow and one of them Ugly green garden carts so I think I can keep most of them. the wife can drag the rest of the crap. Now about the ammo and reloading supplies hmmmmm.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top