JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok I will play along. I need a backup gun for each so this is bare minimum for me
one of each. I don't hunt but I shoot a lot of matches. I quess the competition
guns are not absolutely necessary.
Compact Carry Shield 9mm
Full size handgun M&P 45 2.0
22 target pistol trainer M&P 22
629 3" 44 mag Bear country companion
SHTF Rifle AR 16", 223 with 1X4 scope
Competition shooting:):p:D:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
For me it have to be my Hawken rifle...for sure
I can load it light for a young new shooter or a serious heavy load for hunting with ease if needed.
Also as the rifle is almost a part of me...and its the one rifle I tend to hit the most with...it just had to make the list.

My family guns ( Dad's series '70 , Granddad's Wingmaster , the H&R 649 my Dad gave me )

Any gun Dave and I worked one...okay that is a lot of guns and memories right there...
I'll get back to you on that part of my list..too many raw emotions with that one at the moment.

The Remington model of 1917 Sporter I was gifted from a member here on site....

As a general list:
A .22 rifle and handgun , for fun and training...
A hunting rifle suitable for the game and terrain where you are planning to hunt...
A shotgun maybe with two barrels ...one set up for hunting and one for "Get the Hell out of my House"
A handgun for fun and self defense
And a muzzleloader 'cause it wouldn't really be a post 'bout what guns do ya like or need , for me unless I mentioned muzzleloaders at least twice...:D
Andy

As many as I can afford.....I don't need to give the anti's any stats to use in their favor.

I can just hear it now....."Well avid firearm enthusiasts on average believe they only need this many"......

I was just bored and looking for a fun threadbut you can take it however you want too ...:rolleyes:

If it was necessary, I could get it down to my 7mm Mag (since I dont own a 308) my 1911 and my lever guns in 30-30, 35 Rem, 44 Mag, 45-70. If I had to limit it to 2 levers it would be the 35 Rem and the 45-70, I cast my own bullets for each and have all the reloading supplies I need.

Would you tell a golfer he had to do 18 holes with only, a putter, a wedge and a driver? :rolleyes:

OK, I'll play....:) For the rest of my life..:rolleyes: It would be, a .22lr, a 7.62x39, 12GA and a 9mm pistol.:D

But, they're all AR's except the pistol and too heavy to drag around.:(

I'm not seeing the anti gun correlation to this, it wasn't the question and nobody has admitted they "only need" any certain minimum amount of guns.

I'm not seeing the anti gun correlation to this, it wasn't the question and nobody has admitted they "only need" any certain minimum amount of guns.

Agreed. I didn't read anything bad into it. I tried to imagine what I would do if we were in dire straits and needed the extra $$. As to the OP's question, well, my wife would never make me sell any of my guns - heck, she's helped me build the collection. I don't see an answer to that question giving the anti's any fuel. It's just a curiosity, as Joe stated above.

This was just brain food.

My wife doesn't regulate my hobbies and trusts me to keep them reasonable.

I'm not selling anything but will continue to look for a great deal when I have a little extra scratch.

I admitted that I did not own all of the guns I listed but would like to own them someday.

My heirloom guns didn't even come into my equation.

I even added fun guns to my list because honestly, I like to go have fun with my firearms.

It was not meant to be a serious thread so just have fun with it.;)

I thought about this and decided to keep the following for caiber and ammo quantity and weight.
The .22LR's
M&P 15-22
Henry's Survival
Browning Black Label 1911 with threaded barrel (don't have a can, yet)

The 9mm
Sub 2000 with Glock 30 magazine
IMI Jericho with 17 rd magazines (I have 6 or 7)
Sig Sauer P226 Legion

And then just because I like my .45's even though the ammo is so much heavier.
Sig Sauer 1911 Nightmare Carry
Sig Sauer 1911 Nightmare
Sig Sauer 1911 Nickel

I would have holsters for the handguns for left or right hand, so I can Black Widow my carry pieces. I practice with both hands for this very reason. :D The Henry and Sub 2000 fit in a pack. Everything has a carry case, including the ammo.:rolleyes: Otherwise there would be ammo all over the house.

I've just realized that I forgot any of my concealed pieces. :eek::oops: I guess I would have to face a desperate need to give up much of anything. Guess I should be very happy that my husband feels the same way about our firearms.

Did I mention that we may or may not already own any of these? And these are just for me. Hubby will have a different list.

I would need at least one Webley revolver in .455 and another in .22lr.
One High Standard, and one classic military issue 1911, then one new model 1911 in .45 app or 10mm.
Browning High Power, preferably a surplus.
One Mauser 98, one trainer in .22lr
One Lee Enfield, plus a Jungle Carbine and a .22lr trainer.
One Garrand and one M1 Carbine.
A C-96 and a Luger.
One Martini Henry, and one Sharps.
One Colt detective special, then at least 5 more colt or SW revolvers in various lengths and calibers.
Four leverguns, two for .357 and .44 mag, one in 30-30 and one in 45/70.
One pump, like a M500, one semi, like a Berreta M4 or an Auto 5, and one over under shotgun, like a Browning Citori.
An AR15
A coulple modern 9mm
A Ruger 10/22 and MKIV

I have access to most of this stuff, and the stuff I don't have is easy to get. Might be forgetting a few things. I do want a whole lot more tho.

And you call yourself a "gun-nut"...

All I really need to be a happy man is my Mossberg 930. I can do everything with it except conceal carry it.

Actually I'd need a pistol too; and an AK; and an accurate .22

So I'd be able to live with four guns

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews