JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I must say that I am totally impressed and surprised at my new purchase. A arsenal refurbished 1937 tula 91/30. Typical old ww2 dents and dings but very small and ands character, the bore is pristine, a little dark but strong lands and grooves. First couple of shots were a ten inch group, and then I moved the sights over and brought it down to a four inch group all in the 8 and nine ring. Open sights. This gun has a great smooth action surprisingly. The trigger is long and heavy but I kinda like it.

I only paid 119.00 thru Aimsurplus, bought some spam cans of silver tip 147gr ammo. Everyone went bang and its quite the flamethrower and loud. But the neatest thing is that with my old eyes, over 50 now, that I had no problem seeing and using them effectively. The long sight radius is refreshing compared to our modern 18 and 20 inchers. The gun is nothing fancy, and is the most simple action Ive ever encountered, built for use by peasants, but so simple its beautiful in its own way.

All I can say is you don't have one, your missing out on a fun and inexpensive shooter. Hell ill even take it hunting sometime. I hunt with all my ww2 guns. Sorry no pics but my picture fu is weak. Google them and youll by surprised at their simplicity. That is all have a good week my friends. Scott Out.

I picked up a 1943 manufactured one myself a few monthsback, hhaven't fired it yet though. Definitely looking forward to it! Bought a tin of ammo, but haven't figured out how to open it yet, lol! Gonna hit the military surplus store this weekend and see if they have openers for sale. Also need to make sure my cleaning rods are long enough to reach all the way thru the barrel!

They are good rifles, lots of history. Check out Mosinnagant.net and Gunboards.com for more info.

Make sure you clean off the primer residue after shooting 'corrosive' ammunition. First...a good cheap cleaning agent like hot water, soapy water, or Windex all work. Clean the bore, muzzle, bolt face and for good measure the chamber and magazine as well. Then clean and oil as you would regularly.

Keith

They are good rifles, lots of history. Check out Mosinnagant.net and Gunboards.com for more info.

Make sure you clean off the primer residue after shooting 'corrosive' ammunition. First...a good cheap cleaning agent like hot water, soapy water, or Windex all work. Clean the bore, muzzle, bolt face and for good measure the chamber and magazine as well. Then clean and oil as you would regularly.

Keith

The history is a big part of why I got mine. Being 1943, it was made in Russia (already check websites for the barrel stamping) right in the middle of WW2. Minedoesnt look like it saw much, if any, action, but that's beside the point! And that corrosive ammo is why I want to make sure I have the proper cleaning supplies before I shoot it. If I ever find a place TO shoot it!

Congrats. on your "New" Mosin. I second the advice to clean right after shooting surplus corossive ammo. Also another good source of info is 7.62X54r.net you could spend hours there learning about the Mosin. My newest Mosin is a 29 Tula 91/30 (ex dragoon) in excellent shape, especially seeing how it is over 80 years old.

7.62x54r.net

I love my Mosin. I have a '42 ( if I remember correctly) Izzy and it shoots great. I bought one that was in pretty beat up shape on purpose, stripped it and refinished the stock while keeping some of the nicks and dings in tact for characters sake. Its a fun gun to own.

I only have one opener but if anyone needs to borrow it Ill be happy to lend it out as long as I get it back. Scott.

Also we should organize a mosin shoot sometime. Im sure my club wouldn't mind if theres only 5 or 6 of us, I belong to the Molalla Rifle Pistol Club. let me know if anyone is up for it. then we can handle and shoot each other weapons and have a good time.

a M44 is next on my list, shorter and handier but probably kicks like a mule, but something sexy about that little gun. even seen some set up as scout rifles and with long eye relief scopes and or red dots.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top