JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Based on many comments we've received regarding people wanting the sold ads moved to another location, we're going to try this modification for a while as sort of a happy medium. The reason we don't want to move the old ads to another location is because the initial activity within the thread when it's posted drives up the Google pagerank, making it appear higher on the list when someone types in that term. If the thread is closed and moved, it loses it's pagerank, and since it's closed it'll never regain it's previous status. Nearly 40% of our new traffic and members come from Google, so it's important we maintain a high pagerank.

Now, I understand completely when you guys say you get annoyed wading through the closed ads and that the lock to the left of the thread title isn't pronounced enough. What this modification does is makes the title of any closed thread light gray instead of blue. This will draw your eyes to the open threads, rather than the closed ones, and allow you to quickly determine an item is no longer available. The benefit to us is the threads are still there, and the search engines still see them the same as they always have.

I'd love to hear your comments, as this is our 'test run' phase :s0155:

Red titles are for sticky threads. If a thread is stuck it's usually important, so we made those red for higher visibility. You'll see the light gray threads in the classified section (and possibly elsewhere).

wat r your plans for the several open threads that have sold items, the thread owners do not always close them... i have found many

sbwool

If you see threads like this, please use the report button to report them to us mods. We'll make sure the person is clear on what they need to do to close it and/or if they don't respond we'll make sure the thread is closed :s0155:

jus a friendly heads up -

I have gone and found in the classified handgun section on in - WTS/WA and WTS/WTT WA ads. I found 30-40 ads that have been sold but not closed. also found 15-20 ads from 6months to 1 year old that are marked Sold pending funds.

we as a comminity need to work on cleaning up after ourselves and make the forum easyier to navigate through.

we shouldnt ask joey to make changes if we arent closing our own ads properly

lets get some oregon guys to go through the oregon ads?

sbwool

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads