JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sportsman's website is advertising $599.
Yep with MSRP being $650 I suspect they will be about a $100 under that as the market fills up with them. Nice addition to their line up.
How far can you discount something that's already 149.95?
Been a LONG time since the "Ugly Stick" days when they sold for that. Nicer stocks on them now and they run little over $400 up this way.

Glock mags ought to be industry standard by now. Theres really no need to have all these different brands, it would only be out our benifit to standardize mags. Not so much for the companies...

Glock mags ought to be industry standard by now. Theres really no need to have all these different brands, it would only be out our benifit to standardize mags. Not so much for the companies...
StandardsPoliferate.jpg

Industry seldom seems to learn. Anyone my age remembers when the VCR was invented. Right off the get go two different formats fighting each other. Before long one won out, those with the other were left out in the cold. Years later the HD DVD hits. Right off the get go two competing idea's. One finally wins, those with the other are left out. When the PCC market finally started to really come into its own a few places were smart enough to go with Glock. Many still of course want to use something else. :s0092:

This and the Kel-Tek make a reasonable person question the claim that SBR's have to be registered because of their concealability.

This and the Kel-Tek make a reasonable person question the claim that SBR's have to be registered because of their concealability.
The "they" you are speaking of have noticed this. Not too long ago one of the top law people in CA was seen holding up an S2K lamenting the "folding assault weapon" that should be done away with. So not to worry, "they" are taking notice.

Who else has two thumbs and wants that? 👍👍

"You People" in Oregon still have a chance to own one.
I'm not in the market for one (I prefer subguns for 9mm) but if I was it would come down to (for me): 1) does it feel solid or like a plastic toy?, 2) trigger. Then I would weigh this $600 gun against the currently $300 sub-2000. That would be my thinking anyway.

Industry seldom seems to learn. Anyone my age remembers when the VCR was invented. Right off the get go two different formats fighting each other. Before long one won out, those with the other were left out in the cold. Years later the HD DVD hits. Right off the get go two competing idea's. One finally wins, those with the other are left out. When the PCC market finally started to really come into its own a few places were smart enough to go with Glock. Many still of course want to use something else. :s0092:
Also proprietary phone chargers, instead of standard usb.

Its greed. I get making a profit and wanting to be that brand that becomes the standard but their "marketing "experts" fail badly when they miss seeing the standard already out there.
More people will buy a folding carbine that takes standard glock mags than proprietary mags.

Also proprietary phone chargers, instead of standard usb.

Its greed. I get making a profit and wanting to be that brand that becomes the standard but their "marketing "experts" fail badly when they miss seeing the standard already out there.
More people will buy a folding carbine that takes standard glock mags than proprietary mags.
Those damn cell phones! 🤬
I had forgotten how fun that was. Used to work for a Hotel. We had a HUGE trash bag of left behind phone chargers. When some guest would end up without a charger we would get that bag out. Tell them if they could find one that fit they could have it.

Those damn cell phones! 🤬
I had forgotten how fun that was. Used to work for a Hotel. We had a HUGE trash bag of left behind phone chargers. When some guest would end up without a charger we would get that bag out. Tell them if they could find one that fit they could have it.
It was frustrating for a long while. Europe quickly passed a law prohibiting proprietary chargers, and eventually that market influenced US phones. Its still not a law here but most phones now, finally, all use standard USB.

Anyways, phone rant over now back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

And yet 15 years latter in the broadcast community we were still using the "losing" Sony format due to the better quality, You are correct that the inferior format won the consumer market as it was "good enough" for home use at that time. :s0062:

Back to 9mm platform un-pistols, over the years I've owned or shot many 9mm un-pistols and second to shootability and build quality was the price and availability of magazines.

Before glock becoming the "standard" these last few years S&W was the most commonly used nonpriority standard, Wilkinson Arms Linda, Kel Tec Sub-9, Marlin Camp Carbine, etc.. I won't go into the proprietary platforms like Colt 9mm AR's, HK MP5, UZI, etc..

While I am in favor of the platforms that have incorporated interchangeable magazine housings "grip modules" I do understand S&W not encouraging the use of an inferior competitors magazine.

Over all I'm kind of liking this new carbine and am looking forward to getting me hands on one. I hope the build quality is at least on pare with the rest of the M&P line.:s0041:

Wondering how hard it will be to convert it to use CZ magazines? :s0133:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads