JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Neat. I feel like I would rather have a rimfire straight pull rifle. Be interesting to see the price point.

Straight-pull .22cal?

Coming up -

Browning T-bolt rifle - made for over half a century - about $500 - 700.

Anschutz Fortner-action biathlon rifle - made for around thirty years - $3500+

Izhmash ditto [first find one] around $1200 - 1500.

As for centre-fire, Google the Finnish Lynx rifle............

Curiously enough, if you are a civvie and shoot an AR in the UK, it'll be a straight pull conversion.

Bob Smith, boss-man and owner of SOUTHERN GUN COMPANY, makes these one-by-one, and the price reflects that. Currently the Speedmaster in .308 Win ops out of the shop at a tad under $3000, plus all the doo-dads you might want to hang on it - say an even $5K.

And BTW, it's not strictly a conversion, but has to be made from parts that have NEVER been a semi-AR - here in UK, that is LAW. As I showed a couple of weeks back, the internal rails and slide-ways are totally different, and the not only is the trigger system different, but the actual width of the action is different. If you could convert it, you could also make the real thing...

Last Edited:
A mauser m1996 was a much better idea, it was doomed to fail commercially. Never caught on, but it had multiple real locking lugs. Of course it was a mauser too.

I think public acceptance of this design will be it's biggest marketing enemy. I don't see it being a big seller.
The high MSRP wont help.
The unavailability or extreme cost of ammo wont help either
The political climate as it relates to gun sales is not conducive to gimmicky hunting rifle sales

Something like this, in times like these needs to be priced right... even if its just a preorder scheme to get a few thousand of them out there to generate a buzz

Here in UK I've just looked at an advertisement for a nice BSA Majestic top-o'-the line sporting rifle from the '60s, a very fine-looking gun with a beautiful Monte-Carlo stock, with a nice old Nikko Sterling 6x40 scope in decent rings.

Yours for just about $325.

In .308Win, this lovely old gun has many years of sporting life ahead of it.

Who needs a couple of thousand dollar straight-pull after all?

The high MSRP wont help.
The unavailability or extreme cost of ammo wont help either
The political climate as it relates to gun sales is not conducive to gimmicky hunting rifle sales

Something like this, in times like these needs to be priced right... even if its just a preorder scheme to get a few thousand of them out there to generate a buzz
For a straight pull, this is cheap. Straight pulls were always more expensive to manufacture, even moreso back then.

I concur with the above comment. A cleverer person than me figured out recently that using modern-day manufacturing methods - CAD and all that stuff - he could replicate a K31 action, using the correct-grade materials and heat treatments, but without the barrel, for around $3500. The barrel, with that hard-to-make angled slots and breech face, would cost around a thousand dollars, which goes aways to explaining why, back over in Der Schweiz, rebarrelling a K31 is a $1500 job, on a rifle that might have been bought recently for around one lone Franklin.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top