JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If strait pull was such a game changer, PRS/NRL and other bolt action timed gamers would be using them.
You are missing the point. They arent faster and there is no advantage. Its a novelty. The military has nothing to do with it. There is a k31 sniper sitting in my safe and i have shot the r93.

Again if there was any advantage, guys shooting for medals and money would be using them. Cost is irrelevent.

This. There are plenty of people that spend WAY more on a rifle for shooting games vs the most high speed operator in any military unit. These guys will pay for any competitive advantage. If they aren't paying for it, with their nearly unlimited budgets, there is a reason.

It only has 3 Accu-features ® ?

Accu-stock ®
Accu-fit ®
Accu-trigger ®

Sorry, I need 4 Accu-features ® before Im interested

I feel like their marketing team focus grouped these names in front of a bunch of suburbanites who couldn't tell a Glock from a rock.

It looks similar to a rolling block setup except the blocks are 6 instead of 2, different shaped, and the actuation is not based on the barrel moving under recoil. Seems like it could be OK, not something I feel like I need.

For hunting I'm not a big fan of the spray and pray plan.

What a Dinosaur. Get with the program, man. Repeat the motto: "It was the only shot I had, so I took it.":cool:

I took the "Forgotten Weapons" clip less as a "this has been done before", but more of a "this is where this gun is destined to end up."

Lesson to me: bolt actions are not like ARs - less oil is better.
Agreed!

When I do my storing-the-gun-away-for-awhile, i use the wipe-down method of little oil/ lube in the action for bolt rifles. Semi autos rifles I barely bother with the meticulous cleaning since I have opted for piston types. :cool:

With the AR15 being so popular, I'm still not exactly understanding why no one hasn't made a straight pull similar to how the bolt actuates in an AR. A simple cam interacting with a point within the receiver to rotate the lugs seems so easy to do? True lugs on the bolt face would give me more sense of security than ball bearings. Squared up interfacing contact points vs round interfaced contact points? Not that delayed actions using round locking lugs aren't already a thing, but those actions are much more brutal to brass, the person, and the gun itself is usually overbuilt to take the brutality of the systems action.

Ill be all ears if anyone can explain how a set of bearings is stronger than a pair or multiple squared off bolt/lug surfaces? I'm also curious to the level of precision involved in manufacturing something like this? I'm curious if there is a level of tolerance that needs to be met before this becomes dangerous?

With the AR15 being so popular, I'm still not exactly understanding why no one hasn't made a straight pull similar to how the bolt actuates in an AR. A simple cam interacting with a point within the receiver to rotate the lugs seems so easy to do? True lugs on the bolt face would give me more sense of security than ball bearings. Squared up interfacing contact points vs round interfaced contact points? Not that delayed actions using round locking lugs aren't already a thing, but those actions are much more brutal to brass, the person, and the gun itself is usually overbuilt to take the brutality of the systems action.

Ill be all ears if anyone can explain how a set of bearings is stronger than a pair or multiple squared off bolt/lug surfaces? I'm also curious to the level of precision involved in manufacturing something like this? I'm curious if there is a level of tolerance that needs to be met before this becomes dangerous?

There are various straight pull bolt actions that use rotating mechanisms. As the FW vid explained such mechanisms are slower and more difficult to operate. The roller blocks are simpler and less expensive to manufacture and easier to operate. They are plenty strong and have been used for many rifles in high pressure cartridges (Heym is a close example).

There are various straight pull bolt actions that use rotating mechanisms. As the FW vid explained such mechanisms are slower and more difficult to operate. The roller blocks are simpler and less expensive to manufacture and easier to operate. They are plenty strong and have been used for many rifles in high pressure cartridges (Heym is a close example).
Good to know. Thanks.

I really like this, I've always wondered why more options of this nature didn't exist.

I hope these do well, and they start including more calibers. Wouldn't mind one in 223!

If they used this idea to build a pump rifle, I'd be more on board. At least it would have some neo-retro cool factor. Add in a modernized version of the old-timey Savage rotary mag and I'd probably have to have one, for reasons.

If they used this idea to build a pump rifle, I'd be more on board. At least it would have some neo-retro cool factor. Add in a modernized version of the old-timey Savage rotary mag and I'd probably have to have one, for reasons.

I personally would like to see this work with a lever action - it seems it would be fast and smooth. But a bolt action is just fine for me. Never really cared for pumps, but I suppose for a self-defense rifle that would be a good alternative - maybe. I would have to try the bolt action first. It seems to me that a BA scout rifle with a box mag (common standard - like an AR mag) would be less vulnerable to politics - except for the mag.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top