JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I couldn't make this *bubblegum* up if I tried. This is almost as bad as the DHS ordering shooting targets of civilians (e.g. Mother with a baby).

What else will get "enforcement discretion" in the future? This is starting to sound like the book Animal Farm.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/04...eASIN=0451526341&linkCode=as2&tag=instantg-20

Peter

'Fairy Tale' Continues as Obama Proposes Extralegal Obamacare Fix | The Weekly Standard

Now President Obama is taking Clinton's advice and trying to honor that commitment. In remarks today at the White House today, Obama said, "I completely get how upsetting this can be" lose insurance plans that I promised Americans would be able to keep. "To those Americans, I hear you loud and clear."

But there's a catch with president's proposed solution. The president is not proposing that the law be changed to allow all health insurance plans grandfathered into Obamacare's eligibility requirements.

No, instead the White House is saying that it will use "enforcement discretion" to allow illegal health insurance plans to be able to still be sold. That is, the Obama administration will not enforce the penalty on individuals for not having eligible health insurance plans and they'll allow the insurance companies to still sell so-called bad plans -- plans they technically can't sell under Obamacare.

I am more concerned about the precedent of "enforcement discretion", regardless of the issue or controlling political party. It can easily and quickly apply to selective enforcement of gun-related laws.

Peter

Why are we surprised?

Whites can be accused of hate crimes but blacks cannot.
Grandmothers in wheel chairs are considered a terrorist threat by the TSA but Muslims are not.
Liberal non profit organizations are deemed legal but conservative ones are not.
A non-democrat President is deaminized for telling the truth while a democrat President is admired for his ability to lie.
"Enforcement discretion" is just one more offensive practice that is pushing us into a civil war.

Sorry, it will be all suppressed, you won't even hear it....or if you do you will think it is the pitter patter of rain drops. Not the jack booted thugs come to relieve you of your personal liberty and rights.
I don't like growing older but 2014 can't come soon enough.
Brutus out

Can you foresee the day when All of the NFL stadiums are converted to the same use as the
Roman Forum.
Members of the ruling elite class will be selected at random to perform the "thumbs up/down" duties as well-paid gladiators dispatch the luckless peasantry to the roar of the crowds who are allowed to be in attendance.

Sheldon

I couldn't make this *bubblegum* up if I tried. This is almost as bad as the DHS ordering shooting targets of civilians (e.g. Mother with a baby).

What else will get "enforcement discretion" in the future? This is starting to sound like the book Animal Farm.
Animal Farm: George Orwell, Russell Baker: Amazon.com: Books

Peter

'Fairy Tale' Continues as Obama Proposes Extralegal Obamacare Fix | The Weekly Standard

Now President Obama is taking Clinton's advice and trying to honor that commitment. In remarks today at the White House today, Obama said, "I completely get how upsetting this can be" lose insurance plans that I promised Americans would be able to keep. "To those Americans, I hear you loud and clear."

But there's a catch with president's proposed solution. The president is not proposing that the law be changed to allow all health insurance plans grandfathered into Obamacare's eligibility requirements.

No, instead the White House is saying that it will use "enforcement discretion" to allow illegal health insurance plans to be able to still be sold. That is, the Obama administration will not enforce the penalty on individuals for not having eligible health insurance plans and they'll allow the insurance companies to still sell so-called bad plans -- plans they technically can't sell under Obamacare.

So essentially they are saying the rule of law is no longer valid.... for them.
That they and their dumbed down voters are exempt from the law but the rest of us are not.
And people voted for this cluck twice. ................................................................................:s0054:

Discretion has always been a part of the judicial system.
This basic principle is taught in Criminal Justice 101....letter of the law, spirit of the law and all that business.

This is only more evidence that these knuckleheads will say and do anything to get their party's people re-elected in 2014.....Otherwise it would be a slaughter. I read the other day that nearly every Democratic senator or Congress person up for re-election is steamed at Barry throwing them under the bus.

Ah....a Republican house and senate? A dream come true during this nightmare of a presidency.

This is only more evidence that these knuckleheads will say and do anything to get their party's people re-elected in 2014.....Otherwise it would be a slaughter. I read the other day that nearly every Democratic senator or Congress person up for re-election is steamed at Barry throwing them under the bus.

Ah....a Republican house and senate? A dream come true during this nightmare of a presidency.

We can sure hope.
We have to find some real republicans. No more rinos.

We can sure hope.
We have to find some real republicans. No more rinos.

I say we either just clone Ted Cruz and Rand Paul or strap every member of Senate and Congress to an electric chair while simultaneously being hooked up to a polygraph. We just have to ask them, " Do you support every aspect of the United States Constitution ?"

I think there would be a lot of extra crispy politicians.....

Barry has his veto pen at the ready.

Read that article carefully. The House passed legislation saying the insurers may provide, whereas the Senate is moving to vote on legislation saying the insurers must provide.

TBD on what the President will do - he indicated he would veto the House language, but it isn't clear what he might do on the Senate language.

Thankfully, the Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) was quick to act yesterday in WA State. They won't allow the voluntary silliness to proceed in WA State. It is also interesting to note that new Plans/products usually go through a 60-day approval process, so I'm not sure how it would work to reactivate Plans that are now cancelled/retired and recognized as such by the OIC.

Peter

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads