JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1624798396222-png.png
At the risk of boring you all f*rtless with my Whitworth tales, I'm taking a chance that some of you here might be interested to see -

a. the first shot of serial #420 in my possession, and a quick look-around of an early production Whitworth military match rifle made by Parker-Hale in their heyday.

I also made a short video immediately prior to shooting it -

I'm at home now, and just starting the clean-up,so I'll wait until later to take some stills for you, so you can see, and maybe compare, the differences between a real Parker-Hale-made rifle, and those that came later to the party*. Obviously, starting loads were low, in order to get used to the extremely fine trigger - around three pounds and very clean - and general feel of the piece. Accuracy with the 535gr round-nosed bullet [Lyman? I really don't remember [see the pics]] was unamazing, but not too shabby for a first time out. All shots were low and left, which tells me that I can happily raise the load by a considerable amount to get them up and over. The bullet holes, shooting round bullets from a hexagonal bore, were cheeringly showing signs of six-sidedness, even with this pussy-cat load.

More to come, soon.

* No names, but they know who they are. I'm not going to start a ****ing match here.

Last Edited:
Disaster yesterday - replacing the nipple and it sheared off. You can see the fresh break as the light-toned area - seems it was a long-time cracked. A bit like me, in some ways...

1625169382209.png

It's currently with a gunsmith with a lot of experience with percussion hammer guns - remember I live in the heart of rural Midland England - even in my own county there are over 19,000 registered shotgun owners with a Section 2 Shotgun Certificate, and ONE certificate = as many shotguns as you like.

Cool, I just had my wood stove pipe cleaned and the Sweep was a civil war re-enacter. So we talked about that a bit. I told him I'd wanted to be a confederate sniper, not because of the politics but because I wanted to snipe with a Witworth rifle.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top