JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1624798396222-png.png
At the risk of boring you all f*rtless with my Whitworth tales, I'm taking a chance that some of you here might be interested to see -

a. the first shot of serial #420 in my possession, and a quick look-around of an early production Whitworth military match rifle made by Parker-Hale in their heyday.

I also made a short video immediately prior to shooting it -

I'm at home now, and just starting the clean-up,so I'll wait until later to take some stills for you, so you can see, and maybe compare, the differences between a real Parker-Hale-made rifle, and those that came later to the party*. Obviously, starting loads were low, in order to get used to the extremely fine trigger - around three pounds and very clean - and general feel of the piece. Accuracy with the 535gr round-nosed bullet [Lyman? I really don't remember [see the pics]] was unamazing, but not too shabby for a first time out. All shots were low and left, which tells me that I can happily raise the load by a considerable amount to get them up and over. The bullet holes, shooting round bullets from a hexagonal bore, were cheeringly showing signs of six-sidedness, even with this pussy-cat load.

More to come, soon.

* No names, but they know who they are. I'm not going to start a ****ing match here.

Last Edited:
Disaster yesterday - replacing the nipple and it sheared off. You can see the fresh break as the light-toned area - seems it was a long-time cracked. A bit like me, in some ways...

1625169382209.png

It's currently with a gunsmith with a lot of experience with percussion hammer guns - remember I live in the heart of rural Midland England - even in my own county there are over 19,000 registered shotgun owners with a Section 2 Shotgun Certificate, and ONE certificate = as many shotguns as you like.

Cool, I just had my wood stove pipe cleaned and the Sweep was a civil war re-enacter. So we talked about that a bit. I told him I'd wanted to be a confederate sniper, not because of the politics but because I wanted to snipe with a Witworth rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top