JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As some of you here know, I have a genuine, Made-in-England Parker-Hale Musketoon, bought many years ago from a friend who was also a dealer - in fact, more than half of my guns came from him. Thanks, Norman.
1619636446334.png
1619636828118.png
1619637294882.png
1619637117061.png
1619637219039.png
It is my usual 'give-a-noob a shot', since it produces capacious amounts of recoil, flame and smoke - in that order - see -
and
Well, a friend of mine, who makes bullets, sent me some to try that still had the swaging riser on the top - adding about 8gr to the weight, as well as giving them a decidedly odd appearance. As such, they weigh in at a decidedly porky 590g and have a hollow base, into which I smeared an amount of Bore Butter, even at the ludicrous UK price, and tried them out in the Musketoon this morning.

Here is the result from 100m/110yds. The first five were shot with 60gr of Swiss - equivalent to 2Fg - and the second with just 50gr of the same - the group is a deal tighter, I think you'll agree.
1619636668536.png
While it won't win me any matches, for sure, you really would not want to try your luck by standing in front of me at that distance either. I KNOW they are all off to the left - I really have no idea why - the sights are perfectly lined up fore and aft, and AFAIK the barrel is not bent. Doesn't matter who shoots it, either. Hmmmmm.

It was real fun, too.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top