JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just built a new Noveske SPR 18" with switchblock in stainless steel barrel.
I used a DPMS nickel bolt carrier with the Noveske headspaced bolt, gunfighter charging handle for the upper. I added some Noveske quick disconnect sling swivels and NSR keymod rail sections.

For the lower I used a Gen 2 chainsaw, Noveske end plate with quick disconnect sling swivel, 60 degree ambi safety selecter, some of the new Noveske take down and pivot pins, and Magpul ACS stock with Rainier arms buffer tube, spring and heavy buffer.

Now that it's all done I think it's kinda ugly! I mean I appreciate Noveske quality but it just don't look like the sexy rifle I had imagined.
Any ideas what I could do to make it look a little more tacticool? I maybe should have went FDE on the accessories?

View attachment 140726 View attachment 140727 View attachment 140728

Looks like a sweet rifle to me! IMO, fvck "tacticool". Have you fired it yet?

The one thing I would do differently is get a Larue quick release mount for your scope and add folding back-up iron sites (BUIS).

I personally would have went with an a2 stock. Collapsible stocks don't look right on full sized guns to me.

I think the scope rings look out of place too. You need a one piece mount on there. And maybe a 1-4x scope instead lol. But, these are just my personal tastes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No, I haven't got to fire it yet Gaijin.

I like the vltor upper too but the upper was complete and I wanted the switchblock so had to get this one, the vltor upper didn't have the s/b Ducrider

funny that I don't have a bit of hardwood flooring in my own home but install it for others all day right? bcdon. kinda like a mechanic with broken cars?

it's actually not gas fireplace solv3nt,it is wood but I don't use it.

t.huynh....I agree the prs stock would have looked a lot better but I want my daughter to be able to shoot it too and she's not big enough to reach the trigger with the long stock yet. The scope and rings are very temporary just so I can go put some bullets down range soon here but I am thinking a Larue base and leupold scope for target shooting and an aimpoint t-1 for plinking both quick disconnects that I can swap quickly.

I've never really liked the looks of the ACS stock, I would have used something different, maybe a Vltor EMod. A bipod would be a good addition. A fancy high end scope and mount would also bring it up a notch or two.

I guess it's not an ugly rifle, just not as sweet looking as some others like knights armament sr15 or the Larue.
The trade off is that Noveske is more accurate than the chrome lined barrels of knights or Larue.
I think it's the NSR rail that don't look right. I love how skinny and lite it is though.
I will probably end up putting an magpul PRS stock on it when I finish my daughters rifle.

I kinda agree on the rail, the new skinny style ones still look a little funny to me. I'm not sure it's worth messing with just for visuals though - if you like the way it feels and handles then I'd say stick with it.

It does feel really good(NSR rail)and it's lite. I don't really care for the keymod set up all that much though. Once I fire it I'm probably gonna like it a whole lot more than I do now.

Ditch the Noveske safety switch for Bad-A$$, get a longer rail to cover more of the barrel and switch to a PRS stock and your SPR will be on track :) Parts for a carbine build don't always look as nice on a SPR type build imho.

And after looking again- your scope and setup are helping nothing on the looks. Get a quality one piece mount- ADM, Bobro, Larue, etc and a proper SPR type scope and that should bring it all together.
I'm a fan of mix-match FDE and black. Maybe see if someone wants to swap parts around.

My .02c:

Go with a CTR Stock / LT RISR combo (better cheek weld for long shots)
untitled-1_2.jpg

Get a buis setup:

Get a proper scope mount:

I'm building an SPR (in 6.8SPC) and I elected to go with the Magpul MOE fixed rifle stock kit (complete with tube, buffer, spring) from Brownells.com for about $105 shipped.

It's a cool looking fixed stock, not too boring like an A1/A2, not too "different" for different's sake... Check it out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top