JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
" "It's not a sign of him being careless," Alterman added. "It was an accident. Nobody intentionally loses a weapon."

It's not a sign of him being careless???:huh: he lost his service pistol how much more careless can you get??
What an idiot!!! He should be fired immediately.

A few years ago wasn't there a female state police detective who lost her department issued Glock? I think it happened in Portland. Wonder what ever happened to her.......

A few years ago wasn't there a female state police detective who lost her department issued Glock? I think it happened in Portland. Wonder what ever happened to her.......

Didn't she leave it in a hospital bathroom?

Not to defend the guy, but the guy who dropped his in the theatre in Tillamook got charged with something and these cops are losing their service weapons with seemingly no reprecussions. Ruling class gets a pass again.

Not to defend the guy, but the guy who dropped his in the theatre in Tillamook got charged with something and these cops are losing their service weapons with seemingly no reprecussions. Ruling class gets a pass again.

I believe he got charged for failing to report the loss, not for the fact of loosing it.

I believe he got charged for failing to report the loss, not for the fact of loosing it.

I don't believe there is any legal requirement to report the loss. Didn't they charge him with something like creating a public danger? Not sure so someone will be along with the correct info I'm sure.

He was charged. double standard anyone this is from Koin Local 6 news

A 61-year-old man who left a loaded handgun inside a movie theater, later found by a seventh
grader, has been charged.

The Tillamook County Court confirms that Gary Warren Quackenbush faces one count of recklessly
endangering another person, a class A misdemeanor. Quackenbush has also had his concealed
weapons permit revoked.

During a class trip Wednesday morning to see "The Hobbit," a 12-year-old student found the
semi-automatic Beretta handgun underneath a seat. It was loaded, with a round in the chamber
and the safety off. Authorities were notified immediately and no one was injured.

Quackenbush said the gun accidentally fell out of his holster during a showing of "The Hobbit"
the night before. He claims he attempted to call the Coliseum Theater late Tuesday night after
realizing he had lost the gun. According to Tillamook police, after no one answered the phone,
he drove to the theater Wednesday morning in the hopes that it had been placed in
lost-and-found. By the time he arrived, police were already on scene.

He allegedly told police it never occurred to him to contact law enforcement to report the gun missing.

Quackenbush's arraignment is scheduled for Dec. 31.

Double standards?....Oregon State Police detective loses gun at Emanuel hospital in Portland | OregonLive.com

"It's the mysterious case of the Glock that took a walk.

The mystery began on Wednesday afternoon when an Oregon State Police detective visited the intensive care unit at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland while following up on an investigation.

The detective, whose name has not been released for reasons that soon will become clear, took a potty break in a unisex restroom."

As far as I know her name was never released. Why?

Another news report on the same incident...Trenton Cop Caught Sleeping on the Job in 2012 Now Loses Gun

"At 3 a.m., Takach had finished his shift and returned to the West Precinct substation at 660 Artisan Avenue.

From there, Takach gathered his gun and other personal belongings in the rear cargo area of his personal vehicle. Takach then proceeded to drive approximately 30 miles to his home in Marlton. According to police sources who requested anonymity, Takach apparently left his gun on the rear bumper and then drove off, with the gun landing in the substation parking lot.

When Takach returned home, he realized his weapon was missing and notified Sgt. Steve Wilson. At 4 a.m., Wilson alerted Officers Noel Santiago and Michael Schiaretti III about the missing gun and the two officers began searching the substation, surrounding area and the partol car Takach was using that night. When they did not recover the weapon, Wilson requested the assistance of Officer Timothy Miller and his K-9 Partner, Roy.

Roy, who was trained to sniff for explosives, did not locate the gun in the station or surrounding area. During the course of the search, Takach returned to the substation and he was joined by Santiago and Schiaretti in a drive retracing his path out of the city while carefully looking for the gun. The officers drove from the substation to city limits. The search was fruitless.

As of press time, the weapon has not been recovered. "

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR