JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why?
A real carry gun needs to be some thing that is reliable the cost should not matter.
If you actually need it, its going to go away and the likelyhood of you getting it back is small and a basic commonly popular "grey man" gun is much less likely to get a bunch of questions from a prosecutor in some cases than a niche gun designed or modified to be "more effective" as a prosecutor might put it.
There are many other reasons, probably all an opinion. I have no problem with anyone who wants to spend more money on something, but you certainly don't need to pay more for reliability. A carry gun is going to get very worn, rubbed, dropped, exposed to theft, scratched, shot.. a lot. But just as important as everything else, what Andy said.... The vast majority of gun owners aren't forum members here with the hobby or enthusiasm. They just want a reliable gun and there is no reason to spend twice the money on something they otherwise aren't really interested in.
I like the Hudson, I think they are on to something with the design. I really want one too. But for that cost I'd rather have 2 XDMs... until they get the pricepoint down, the Hudson is just going to be a niche gun for enthusiasts.

You can get a great pistol in the $ 3-500 these days. Lifetime warranties with proven manufacturers. Smith, Springfields, Sig and many more. And not trying to sound like a Fanboy but the Sig sp2022 is used world wide including here in the US. The French police used 460,000 rounds in testing. And ordered a quarter million of them . And they were a tad over $300 not long ago. Poly pistols are way less expensive to manufacture. You just have to be smart about it not throwing good money after bad. Imop.

Affordable Lambo -- > Mazda Miata. Check your "man card" with the valet though, because no matter what, the Miata is still a chick's car, and you won't look cool driving one. Lambos drop panties - Miatas make you look like you should be wearing 'em :p

Or you could argue that the Audi R8 is the "affordable" lambo - esp. since they're all part of one big happy incestuous automotive family since they were bought out by ze germuns.

Affordable Lambo -- > Mazda Miata. Check your "man card" with the valet though, because no matter what, the Miata is still a chick's car, and you won't look cool driving one. Lambos drop panties - Miatas make you look like you should be wearing 'em :p

Or you could argue that the Audi R8 is the "affordable" lambo - esp. since they're all part of one big happy incestuous automotive family since they were bought out by ze germuns.
I ran across a Miata with Ferrari badges all over it a few months ago. Fantastic. Met the owner and he was wearing a Ferrari jacket. I had a great conversation with him - he had a terrific sense of humor - but forgot to ask if the jacket was a knockoff. :)

I will probably get one. The last thing I need is another handgun, but it is usually one of the first things I want. You never know what kind of gun you're going to click with (no pun intended) and this one is interesting, and looks like it would feel good to shoot. If I hate it, I'll sell it. Although I don't seem to be as good at selling as I am at buying.

I have a Walther P88 that I bought just because they are interesting and rare, and for no good reason, I can thread a needle with it, super fun to shoot.

I keep seeing this piece pop up in various videos, publications, etc. I'm going to reserve judgement until I know a lot more. That said, meh, I just can't get excited about it. If the goal is to launch 9mm projectiles from a handgun platform, there has been so many options produced over a century plus that it is hard to make on that is demonstrably better, however you want to define "better." Is this one a significant improvement over existing offerings, as or more reliable than existing systems, and offered at a price point that it makes sense? Could be. Or may be not. At the risk of sounding cynical, odds are that it is the latter. But time will tell.

I ran across a Miata with Ferrari badges all over it a few months ago. Fantastic. Met the owner and he was wearing a Ferrari jacket. I had a great conversation with him - he had a terrific sense of humor - but forgot to ask if the jacket was a knockoff. :)

That's just hilarious!

"Protection from who Tommy? Ze Germuns?"

Love that movie;)

I have a proposal:
I suggest all you naysayers form a company and manufacture a firearm you will be satisfied with at a price point you can live with!!!!!! While you are thus engaged the rest of us can appreciate what is being built either by Hudson or your company.

Sheldon

It was probably a Mazda jacket with an iron on patch.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top