JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting indeed. Maybe the wave of the future? 1911 strike-fire. The gun that eliminated all the fan boys and haters? Or brought them all together?

Oh, I must have been drinkin...er...dreaming.

The extra low recoil rod is what makes the bore axis lower than others for better recoil. I do like it and think it could be a game changer if there was such a thing except that I hear it comes with a hefty price tag well over $1100 that in my opinion puts it out of the market to a niche gun. A real street/carry gun needs to be affordable like a Glock.

The following is just my opinion and it's probably only worth the paper it's written on, if that.
This pistol's in-hand functionality, accuracy, fit and build quality may actually make it a new wonder
of gun perfection. Maybe it's better than it looks.....

I wasn't aware that any gun makers were working to find a way to make a handgun with little of the style and charm of the 1911, and most of the ugly of the Glock.o_O
Like gin and root beer, some things shouldn't be mixed.

The extra low recoil rod is what makes the bore axis lower than others for better recoil. I do like it and think it could be a game changer if there was such a thing except that I hear it comes with a hefty price tag well over $1100 that in my opinion puts it out of the market to a niche gun. A real street/carry gun needs to be affordable like a Glock.

This is what I'm afriad of in the coming years gun are sales are booming and the gun industry is branching out trying to lure more customers. You will have more people making "new" guns or boutique guns to lure people in and since it's new and maybe more people that lack knowledge might be their customers they will jack the price up.

This is what I'm afriad of in the coming years gun are sales are booming and the gun industry is branching out trying to lure more customers. You will have more people making "new" guns or boutique guns to lure people in and since it's new and maybe more people that lack knowledge might be their customers they will jack the price up.

oh no doubt guns will only get more expensive but at the same time you can only reinvent the wheel so many times. I'm not seeing anything better in the new Hudson thats worth double the cost for the extra performance: low bore axis and smooth trigger and all. Collectors and gun enthusiasts might buy this, but everyone knows your carry gun should not be anything expensive. The vast majority of sales right now are $4-600 strikers and work just fine.

Hateraid is on sale cheap in the Pacific Northwest tonight.

$1150 i think was suggested retail price. That means its $900 to $950 in most shops. Less than a lot of very nice kimber 1911s. Ill reserve judgement pending further investigation/information.

R&D is not cheap - if the design takes off and proves to be a winner, I'd fully expect to see a less expensive - thus more widely available - version in the future. The guy that this gun is targeting is the same dude that drops $2k on an AR-15, or a Wilson Combat 1911 or something.

I don't think the gun needs a gimmick like a guide rod laser - that'd add another level of crap to possibly break, and drive the pricetag even higher.

It looks good - and I'd love to play with one - but I'm not about to drop that kind of coin on a pistol - I can get 2 of the new M&P's for the same - I fondled one of the new 2.0 version 9's today and liked it. And of course CZ is releasing their P10C soon - which is should be sub $500 street price. Both of those excite me more than a single $1000 pistol. Heck - the Avidity Arms PD10 looks pretty sexy too, and it is said to be another sub $500 gun - and is about as close to a single stack Glock 19 or a full size XDs 9 as one is going to get right now. And mags are also readily available for that gun already, before the gun itself is.

I like the way the rear sticks out in the back.

th?&id=OIP.PDkX9vpgpKWeYOh_sjGkAwEsDh&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

edit.. get it?.. it's an Edsel

Last Edited:
Interesting idea and I like the out of the box thinking.
But not for me.

It looks like a case of Tainted Love between a 1911 and a Glock.
We have all heard the saying that guns and alcohol don't mix ... but now we know why you shouldn't let your guns drink.... :D
Andy

Interesting idea and I like the out of the box thinking.
But not for me.

It looks like a case of Tainted Love between a 1911 and a Glock.
We have all heard the saying that guns and alcohol don't mix ... but now we know why you shouldn't let your guns drink.... :D
Andy
Apparently this is what comes of long cold winters in Alaska.
If you want to be tacticool,then where do you put your light?
They can't find holsters for it now

But there is a right to own a gun.
So I stand by my statement that anyone who wants a gun should be able to get a reliable one that is affordable.

Cars and guns are not a good argument ... One is a right the other a privilege.

Reliable also does not have to be expensive.
And inexpensive does not mean the same as "cheap."
Andy

Last Edited:
That's why I don't let Glocks in the safe. I had one locked up w a savage shotgun and within no time there was a hi point carbine. No no. Not around my 1911s. These young guns that brag about trigger control and how they don't need any safety's are an accident waiting to happen. And now with 4 generations of inbreeding I think it's too late. Hold your guns close, especially the ones with a big boar, they are not safe.

For new guns the price point should be affordable and as the market grows or hype grows the price will too.
Just like the TNW Aero or the Keltec sub2000.

It's not the new iphone where idiots will pay stupid prices for unproven tech.

I think Springfield just learned about hyping the same old guns.
I do like the somewhat innovative style, but Keltec seems to be the only pne coming up with innovative new designs but they are over priced as well.

I saw the new survival rifle they came out with off there bullpup design.
Retails for $1300+/- $100.

As for innovation I'd like to see more breakdown rifles/survival rifles and multicaliber unit rifles/pistols.

I think the market for carry pieces has shown the most innovation and new design over the last few years.

This Hudson looks like a full size pistol, not a carry

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads