JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the love of all that is good and Holy, the left lane is for passing.

Feel like taking your sweet time, go camp in the right lane people.

I feel better now...rant over.

Wish WSP would start enforcing it.

Last Edited:
For the love of all that is good and Holy, the left lane is for passing.

Fell like taking your sweet time, get in the right lane people.

I feel better now...rant over.

Wish WSP would start enforcing it.
Oregon has the same issur, for example; Highway 20 westbound from West Salem to Highway 51 to Independence, everyone going to Independence just camp in the left lane for the whole 10 miles going 55 or keeping pace with the right lane, holding up everyone behind :mad:

Edit,.also I-5, either way, someone just have to go 65 both left lanes and barely passing trucks going 60-64mph, between Wilsonville and Salem. Wilsonville to Portland,(or vice versa) always slows to a crawl regardless of time of day or which day.

200.gif
Cue the Red Rocker....Sammy Hagar....:s0022:
And yes...the left lane is for passin'
Andy

Oregon has the same issur, for example; Highway 20 westbound from West Salem to Highway 51 to Independence, everyone going to Independence just camp in the left lane for the whole 10 miles going 55 or keeping pace with the right lane, holding up everyone behind :mad:

Edit,.also I-5, either way, someone just have to go 65 both left lanes and barely passing trucks going 60-64mph, between Wilsonville and Salem. Wilsonville to Portland,(or vice versa) always slows to a crawl regardless of time of day or which day.
I'm glad my commute to work consists of stumbling down the stairs as opposed to sitting in a car.

I like to drive 1 under in the left, right next to a convoy of trucks, then speed up to 10 over when there's a passing lane coming up. Gives me the giggles

I drove to Lakeview and back this past weekend. It's a different world out there East of hwy 97. Two lane country roads with 65 MPH speed limits and no traffic.If you happen to catch up to a Hay or Cattle truck in the corners you just pass them on the next straight away. Easy peasy. My 6.4 Hemi likes that country and I still got an average of 16 MPG. I figure that's not bad for a 3/4 ton 4X4 with 1000 lbs of ammo in the back going over hill and dale.

I like to drive 1 under in the left, right next to a convoy of trucks, then speed up to 10 over when there's a passing lane coming up. Gives me the giggles
In High School a buddy and I did that on a 4-lane highway. Got in the left lane next to a truck going about 10mph under the speed limit and matched it's speed for ~30 miles. Speeding up just enough to give the guy behind us hope, only to slow back down and crush their soul. I've never seen such a backup behind me with open highway ahead. Even made the radio traffic report as an 'unknown slowdown'. bubblegum we were pricks. Still are, just a bit more 'grown up' now.

In High School a buddy and I did that on a 4-lane highway. Got in the left lane next to a truck going about 10mph under the speed limit and matched its speed for ~30 miles. Speeding up just enough to give the guy behind us hope, only to slow back down and crush their soul. I've never seen such a backup behind me with open highway ahead. Even made the radio traffic report as an 'unknown slowdown'. bubblegum we were pricks. Still are, just a bit more 'grown up' now.
That was you?! You muddah PHUCKER!!

:s0118:

:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR