JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Real Rifle" rounds? :confused:
While no cartridge is the best for everything.
The amount of game taken with the .30-30 or .45-70 , I would have thought , to speak for itself.
Both of these I would consider "Real Rifle" rounds.

While today we would not think of the .30-30 as a super fast and long distance round , Old TR himself liked it for just that type of rifle work.
There is a reason why these two rounds are still with us , they work.

Granted times have changed and many great cartridges have come along since the .30-30 and .45-70.
Many of which might be "better."
But to not call them real rifle rounds does them and history a dis-service.
Andy

My grandfather took elk and bear regularly with a .30-30 rifle (not a carbine, but a 24" octagon barreled rifle) he carried around SW Oregon for decades. There was a guy recently who took a bison bull with one shot from a .30-30 and it dropped dead right where he shot it, almost instantly.

The .30-30 isn't lightweight just because it is an older cartridge. It works if the man behind the buttstock does his job.

The "new" Henry guns that are copies of the BLR; I am glad someone is making them besides Browning, but for the price, I would just as soon have the Browning, and the Brownings have more features (e.g., take-down) and grades.

There was a guy recently who took a bison bull with one shot from a .30-30 and it dropped dead right where he shot it, almost instantly.

And just yesterday I dropped a full grown, winter phase starling, right where it stood on top of the suet feeder with a .177 caliber Crossman, with four pumps at 30'. :s0108:

The "new" Henry guns that are copies of the BLR; I am glad someone is making them besides Browning, but for the price, I would just as soon have the Browning, and the Brownings have more features (e.g., take-down) and grades.
What's the street price lookin like for the HLRs?
(Henry lever rifle:rolleyes:)
***The Henry is on sale at $849,regular price $949?????:eek:
And the BLR lightweight is coming in at $839 at Sportsmans guide***