JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... Please advise
Go to your local gunshop, purchase what you wish today. Because:

Harney County trial is going right now.
Note that the background check queue is increasing, so it is reasonable to assume you WON'T take a firearm home today. Current trend seems to be next day.

However as the week progresses, the queue might also increase.

Just ordered some 20 round AK mags from Midway on 9/14 and they shipped without issue. Check around as some online retailers are better than others at keeping up with mag laws.

From my experience, Primary Arms, PSA, Midway, gunmagwarehouse and MagShack are all good about shipping to ban states up to the last possible minute.

Just ordered some 20 round AK mags from Midway on 9/14 and they shipped without issue. Check around as some online retailers are better than others at keeping up with mag laws.

From my experience, Primary Arms, PSA, Midway, gunmagwarehouse and MagShack are all good about shipping to ban states up to the last possible minute.

Dawson Precision took my order for mags 2 days ago. Contacted today, said they can't ship to Oregon. Couldn't explain why..

papers_please.jpg

Oh yeah....."Permit Papers" are needed to exercise ones 2nd A RIGHTS.

Chamberlain-Peace-in-our-Time-1938.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Cliff notes for the uniformed (OR 114).

• The measure is a so-called permit-to-purchase gun law. Under Measure 114, anyone who wants to buy a gun would have to obtain a permit, pay an anticipated fee of $65, complete an approved firearms safety course at their own expense, submit a photo ID, be fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check.
More reading.....

Does M114 affect out of state sales too? I.E= being an Oregon resident and going to ID or MT for a rifle?
It can, yes:

May a licensee sell a firearm to a nonlicensee who is a resident of another state?

Generally, a firearm may not lawfully be sold by a licensee to a nonlicensee who resides in a state other than the state in which the seller's licensed premises is located. However, the sale may be made if the firearm is shipped to a licensee whose business is in the purchaser's state of residence and the purchaser takes delivery of the firearm from the licensee in his or her state of residence.

In addition, a licensee may sell a rifle or shotgun to a person who is not a resident of the state where the licensee's business premises is located in an over–the–counter transaction, provided the transaction complies with state law in the state where the licensee is located and in the state where the purchaser resides.
[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3); 27 CFR 478.99(a)]

Whether an FFL will be diligent/informed enough to know about 114 and the ramifications depends on the FFL. I suspect those FFLs who live close to the borders with OR/WA will eventually be more diligent about interstate sales. The further away from OR/WA the less this may be an issue.

It can, yes:

May a licensee sell a firearm to a nonlicensee who is a resident of another state?

Generally, a firearm may not lawfully be sold by a licensee to a nonlicensee who resides in a state other than the state in which the seller's licensed premises is located. However, the sale may be made if the firearm is shipped to a licensee whose business is in the purchaser's state of residence and the purchaser takes delivery of the firearm from the licensee in his or her state of residence.

In addition, a licensee may sell a rifle or shotgun to a person who is not a resident of the state where the licensee's business premises is located in an over–the–counter transaction, provided the transaction complies with state law in the state where the licensee is located and in the state where the purchaser resides.
[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3); 27 CFR 478.99(a)]

Whether an FFL will be diligent/informed enough to know about 114 and the ramifications depends on the FFL. I suspect those FFLs who live close to the borders with OR/WA will eventually be more diligent about interstate sales. The further away from OR/WA the less this may be an issue.
Thanks, planning on moving down there soon

Does M114 affect out of state sales too? I.E= being an Oregon resident and going to ID or MT for a rifle?

You can walk into an ID retailer and get what you need, no questions asked. There is no ID needed to purchase Mags.

When/if M114 goes into affect, it would be extremely unlikely any out of state FFL would wish to deal with Oregon residents in an over the counter sale of a long gun.

Most likely would be a hard nope, or perhaps an offer of shipping it to an in state FFL for the buyer to deal with once back home.

Sadly.

When/if M114 goes into affect, it would be extremely unlikely any out of state FFL would wish to deal with Oregon residents in an over the counter sale of a long gun.

Most likely would be a hard nope, or perhaps an offer of shipping it to an in state FFL for the buyer to deal with once back home.

Sadly.
This ... it would be like our FFLs dealing with a CA or WA resident ...

The ATF has a bible type book or dvd they offer FFLs to try to keep all of the state laws straight so they can respect the laws of the residence ... I can't imagine how they keep up these days.

It will be beneficial to know people in Idaho/Montana/Nevada/Arizona if 114 takes effect.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews