JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have any experience with these? Seems to be a full kit, and the one I'm looking at comes with the rechargeable battery pack (dual fuel). For, what I would consider a more than reasonable price, I'm just wondering if it might be a valid option for a backup SD/training rifles. Pros? Cons?

I typically use Olights odin 2k's, but 60 bones is 60 bones per rifle. 100 a pop seems incredibly reasonable... so long as they do what they are supposed'da and hold up over time.

Thoughts or feedback?

Oh yeah... to add... if they are viable I was thinking of doing a monstrom 45 degree m-lok scout mount over the rail mount that comes with. They're cheap too... at about 15 bones a pop. Any feedback on those would be appreciated too.

I run one of their ProTac HL's on my SBR with the pressure switch. No issues at all.

I'm a big Olight fan and own at least 12 of their lights. But I don't run their WML's.

IMG_0136.jpg

I run one of their ProTac HL's on my SBR with the pressure switch. No issues at all.

I'm a big Olight fan and own at least 12 of their lights. But I don't run their WML's.
Good to know.

I use surefires on my main SD rifles, but I can't (don't wanna) afford surefires on too many of them. That's why I went to Olights.. and I really like them, but my rifles seem to have been acting like safe bunnies the last couple years and 60 bones savings between olights and streamlights is significant if I wanna light up too many more of them.

I don't see the point in spending 300 for a $200-$500 "backup/play" upper... kwim. đź‘Ť

Good to know.

I use surefires on my main SD rifles, but I can't (don't wanna) afford surefires on too many of them. That's why I went to Olights.. and I really like them, but my rifles seem to have been acting like safe bunnies the last couple years and 60 bones savings between olights and streamlights is significant if I wanna light up too many more of them.
I own Surefire lights as well, 3 X300 Ultras across a few pistols. Good lights but expensive. Olight WML's look decent, but TBH I've had a few failures with Olight and have had to send a couple lights in for warranty replacement. I had an S2R Baton II that would flicker all the time and I had a Warrior Mini 2 burn a hole in my pants and also burned its own lens up. They are decent lights for your pocket, but I just can't trust them for WMLs.

I have one collecting dust somewhere. It works great with a good throw and spill, light color is on the yellowish side. I was able to ID 'yotes @ 100-ish yards no problem. I took it off for something a tad lighter and mounted directly to the -lok on my Marlin 336.

I have one collecting dust somewhere. It works great with a good throw and spill, light color is on the yellowish side. I was able to ID 'yotes @ 100-ish yards no problem. I took it off for something a tad lighter and mounted directly to the -lok on my Marlin 336.
I did notice it's a tad heavier, the bezel is quite fat and... coupled with the mounting system supplied... that's a no go. Hence trying to slim it down at least a little with the scout mount. It would still be a porky lil'bugger, though.

I don't necessarily "need" WML's on most of my rifles. I'm more of an OGL guy, anyway, but... a huny sure seems cheap for a rechargeable 1k... if it's reliable and gets'er'done.

And yes.. I'm fully aware of the pleforma of $50 1k chineseiums. What a perfectly good waste of 50 bucks~! 🤣

I guess I'm more considering... are they close enough to an olight to be worth the savings or just stick with what works and light up fewer rifles(?)

Last Edited:
And yes.. I'm fully aware of the pleforma of $50 1k chineseiums. What a perfectly good waste of 50 bucks~! 🤣

I guess I'm more considering... are they close enough to an olight to be worth the savings or just stick with what works and light up fewer rifles(?)
Olight weapon lights are complete garbage. Also, you'll NEVER see me shill for Chinese crap.

The Streamlight is 1000x better than any of that. It's not as good as the current tactical-Ted super high speed gucci brands out there right now, but for a functional light for your average ranch owner, it works fine. As I said, the only reason I changed it is to lose a bit of weight and I got a great deal on the other Arisaka.

Olight weapon lights are complete garbage. Also, you'll NEVER see me shill for Chinese crap.

The Streamlight is 1000x better than any of that. It's not as good as the current tactical-Ted super high speed gucci brands out there right now, but for a functional light for your average ranch owner, it works fine. As I said, the only reason I changed it is to lose a bit of weight and I got a great deal on the other Arisaka.
Hmm... I thought the olights were supposed to be pretty decent. I admit, I only have them on 2 rifles that really don't party much. More a great deal came by a few years ago and figured, why not.

Streamlines are better wml's, though, hu? That would make the choice easy!! 🤣

It's difficult to take the majority of reviews seriously when they all seem to start with "every weapon must have a light".

BS begets BS, IMHO.:s0140:

Last Edited:
Hmm... I thought the olights were supposed to be pretty decent. I admit, I only have them on 2 rifles that really don't party much. More a great deal came by a few years ago and figured, why not.
My neighbor had one and shot the battery our the front of it. I've seen them fail in 3-gun and I read about some deficiencies when I was researching inexpensive weapon lights several years ago.

Their handheld light just might be fine. Unless you throw it, they don't deal with much recoil!

I'm also not much for giving Chinese companies my money when there are good domestic and otherwise friendly alternatives.

I'm interested in these flashlights too. They're what I plan on getting and it seems like $100 is a pretty common price. I have a few other Streamlight products and they've all been excellent so far.

It seems like they spend a lot on marketing.
I guess I can flip flop them. Swap in streamlights on the better of the "backup" rifles and throw the olights on the bashers. 🤪

The one 2k olight I was looking at had my attention just for the 2,000 lumens for 2min start. Ah well.... not too many light barriers that 1k won't crack... and there are ways around that too... other than sheer overpowering them.

What brand arm brace are you runnin' on that thing?

;) :s0108:

I've had a couple of those mounted on ARs for a few years now. They work great and if you get the right model, they take a standard 18650 battery. I seem to remember a model that had a narrower inside diameter, and an 18650 wouldn't fit. They've both been to the range a lot and one was left in a car trunk for about a year (on a gun in a case). Both continue to run flawlessly. One is mounted to my home defense gun now. I use the pressure switches too and they're easy to use and don't die after a year like some of their lower quality brethren. As previously mentioned, they hit all the points for a rifle light - battery life, durability, color, throw, etc.

Olights seem to go on sale for black Friday so keep an eye out if you're looking for good deals. I picked up an Odin with a second small flashlight for $99 last year.

Like many products with lithium batteries, they did have a problem with batteries a few years ago. They have since switched to a different battery maker. I believe battery technology has changed considerably in the last few years. As far as overdriving the circuits, yes, that has been a common practice, but most have limited the time at that setting. Heat is always an issue that needs to be managed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top