JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all. I am a new FFL in Auburn Wa. I am about to make my first pistol sale. I know that I need to do a background check through the local PD, but for the life of me I cant find a phone number to call on any of the local PDs web sites. The city in question uses Pierce County Sheriff for their police so Im assuming that I would call someone at the county level. Any FFLs have any advice for me?

Thanks!

Dave

Though it may have clarified it for me. I believe what it is saying is that if you do not have a CPL you would fill out the state pistol transfer form in triplicate, send it to the local PD, they would do the BG check and in 10 days return with a proceed or deny. If they do have a CPL, still fill out the state pistol transfer from in triplicate, run the NICS check myself. If the NICS check comes back as a proceed, transfer the pistol and then send the form into the local PD. I was thinking that there would be a number to call. That process is terrible, but im sure that it s a feature, not a bug.

Can anyone confirm that what i have stated is the process?

Thanks.

May want to check on the general forum, handgun discussion doesn't get a lot of traffic. I have a CPL and a call is made when I buy the firearm and I go home with it that same day. Don't know what number they call though.

I would recommend that you call the local ATF Seattle office for the rules in WA state. They are quite helpful. I would be worried about incorrect information given to you. It's all about your federal and state forms.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top