JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all. I am a new FFL in Auburn Wa. I am about to make my first pistol sale. I know that I need to do a background check through the local PD, but for the life of me I cant find a phone number to call on any of the local PDs web sites. The city in question uses Pierce County Sheriff for their police so Im assuming that I would call someone at the county level. Any FFLs have any advice for me?

Thanks!

Dave

Though it may have clarified it for me. I believe what it is saying is that if you do not have a CPL you would fill out the state pistol transfer form in triplicate, send it to the local PD, they would do the BG check and in 10 days return with a proceed or deny. If they do have a CPL, still fill out the state pistol transfer from in triplicate, run the NICS check myself. If the NICS check comes back as a proceed, transfer the pistol and then send the form into the local PD. I was thinking that there would be a number to call. That process is terrible, but im sure that it s a feature, not a bug.

Can anyone confirm that what i have stated is the process?

Thanks.

May want to check on the general forum, handgun discussion doesn't get a lot of traffic. I have a CPL and a call is made when I buy the firearm and I go home with it that same day. Don't know what number they call though.

I would recommend that you call the local ATF Seattle office for the rules in WA state. They are quite helpful. I would be worried about incorrect information given to you. It's all about your federal and state forms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top