JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fenix just came out with a new light...the PD36 Tac. So naturally I had to get it...cause I got a flashlight monkey on my back. It's ok though...I can quit ANY time! At least these are the lies I tell myself. Anyway...

It's an interesting light in that in addition to the clicky tail-cap, it has a rotating selector to choose between "tactical" mode (2000 lumen and 2000 lumen strobe), and "duty" mode which has five outputs from 30 lumen to 3000 lumen. It's a retina scorcher. The selector also allows you to completely lock out the light which is nice if you're traveling or just want to be sure it won't activate.

I'm a fan of the selector. It's nice to know it's going to come out of my pocket at 2000 lumens every time. It runs of the new 21700 batteries and the batteries have a built in USB-C port which is wonderfully convenient for charging anywhere and you don't have to drag along a stand alone battery charger. Size wise it's essentially the same size as the UC35 v2 but an ounce heavier, due to the bigger battery. Get you one and bask in the all the lumen-y goodness! :)

PD36_TAC_THUMB__40741.1623356309.jpg

PD36TAC_7__76238.1623100790.png

Last Edited:
The selector also allows you to completely lock out the light which is nice if you're traveling or just want to be sure it won't activate.
i have an older Fenix with 1000 lumins or so and it once turned on in my pocket and after a bit it was burning me badly from the heat.
A simple solution is to turn the battery cap back a bit, but I like the idea of the selector switch.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top