JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked this up off of Amazon and I'm digging it so far. There's 5 outputs from a 1 lumen moonlight setting up to 1000 lumen, with a 2 hour and 15 minute run time. It is slim enough to easily tuck into a cargo pocket, which I typically wear.

The light can run on either CR123 primary cells or on 18650 re-chargeables (comes with one 18650). The light also has a micro USB port for charging, so it can be recharged from any USB output source...plug, computer, car charger, etc. Fenix also makes 18650 batteries with a micro USB charge port built directly in. So you can either charge them directly with a cable or use an actual charger. They are wonderfully convenient.

The light also has a charge status light built into the output selector. It works with 18650's only but not CR123's. The on/off or "temporary on" is controlled by a clicky tailcap. Output selection is done by the button on the body. It comes on at whatever the last output that you used. $90 off amazon. But Fenix Store has a 20% off coupon...except they're sold out of the light until the end of January (they said).

More pictures and specs at the linky. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CRN1YBH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71ILrMndmNL._SL1080_.jpg

713oofZMtAL._SL1080_.jpg

We are in a Golden age of flashlights and weapon lights between surefire, streamlight, Olight, armytek, and Fenix you have every option you could ever want, cheap and durable, rechargeable, and bright as hell.

We are in a Golden age of flashlights and weapon lights between surefire, streamlight, Olight, armytek, and Fenix you have every option you could ever want, cheap and durable, rechargeable, and bright as hell.

I love Surefire's quality and I'm willing to pay for it but they always seem a bit behind the curve and their feature set usually leaves a lot to be desired.

For example, it's 2019. Every light should be dual fuel at this point...capable of running off both primary cells and re-chargeables. Yet Surefire only offers one or two of these.

They are also just now starting to make 1000+ lumen lights...which have been out by everyone else for several years.

Their Fury DFT is a dual fuel, 1500 lumen light with a 1.5 hour run time. That's great! They can obviously build a powerful light with decent run time. Awesome! Now how about giving me a 1500 lumen version with a few more output options instead of just one? Why wouldn't you make a version like this?

And sorry. I'm just venting cause I like their products but wish they'd get on the ball with their feature offering. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Very nice. It's a Fenix, it should be good. I enjoy the heck out of my Nitecore P12GT (which looks exactly like the Fenix the op posted) 1000 lumen light that I pad $56.00 for off of ebay. works great and is tough as hell.. Like someone else said, we are definitely in the golden age of flashlight's and flashlight technology.. Funny, we can have a small handheld flashlight that is as bright as car headlights and it fits in our pocket.

Last Edited:
For example, it's 2018.

I come from the future: 2019! I bring you news of magical flashlights that run on CO2 and exhaust pure oxygen.

Hey, if I'm from the future, I may as well be creative.

On a more related note, there are some great flashlight options these days. I prefer simple lights that run on standard primary cells. Pretty much all of mine run on Energizer Lithium Ultimate AAs or AAAs. My vehicle and home primary emergency lights are older Surefire 9Ps with delrin sleeves for 2xAAs and Malkoff low output/long runtime dropins. I also run 2D Maglites with AA adapters and Malkoff dropins. I order those Energizer Lithiums 90 at a time. 20 year shelf life. I even have a AA adapter for my Baofeng UV-5R radio. My pocket lights are all Fenix E01s or E05s running on Lithium AAAs. Well, I do have a copper Peak Eiger that is developing a nice patina.

Sorry. Recovering flashlight nerd. I get a little carried away sometimes. :D

The UC35 has been a big hit for Fenix and is extremely popular. I might have to pick one up to check out eventually. Thanks for the mini review.

I come from the future: 2019! I bring you news of magical flashlights that run on CO2 and exhaust pure oxygen.

On a more related note, there are some great flashlight options these days. I prefer simple lights that run on standard primary cells. Pretty much all of mine run on Energizer Lithium Ultimate AAs or AAAs. My vehicle and home primary emergency lights are older Surefire 9Ps with delrin sleeves for 2xAAs and Malkoff low output/long runtime dropins. I also run 2D Maglites with AA adapters and Malkoff dropins. I order those Energizer Lithiums 90 at a time. 20 year shelf life. I even have a AA adapter for my Baofeng UV-5R radio. My pocket lights are all Fenix E01s or E05s running on Lithium AAAs. Well, I do have a copper Peak Eiger that is developing a nice patina.

I carry a really small Fenix flashlight in my leatherman wave side pocket. It is an awesome light, but I don't even know the model #. All I know is I dropped it in a bilge of a tug boat and it was in there for a day. I pulled it out and cleaned it up and it still works like new. Fenix makes some great stuff...

Small Fenix flashlight that is durable? Does it have the exposed old school LED dome and single twist mode that is relatively low output? That's the E01. They've been making them for years in a few colors. I must have bought 50 or 60 of them and given them out as gifts or stashed them everywhere. The E05 is a similar twist operation that is multimode and comes in several colors. I have a few special versions they did in stainless steel that I wish they still sold.

Never been let down by any of their small flashlights, regardless of model. For that matter, I've never been let down by ANY Fenix light.

I love Surefire's quality and I'm willing to pay for it but they always seem a bit behind the curve and their feature set usually leaves a lot to be desired.

For example, it's 2018. Every light should be dual fuel at this point...capable of running off both primary cells and re-chargeables. Yet Surefire only offers one or two of these.

They are also just now starting to make 1000+ lumen lights...which have been out by everyone else for several years.

Their Fury DFT is a dual fuel, 1500 lumen light with a 1.5 hour run time. That's great! They can obviously build a powerful light with decent run time. Awesome! Now how about giving me a 1500 lumen version with a few more output options instead of just one? Why wouldn't you make a version like this?

And sorry. I'm just venting cause I like their products but wish they'd get on the ball with their feature offering. :rolleyes:
Totally agree with everything you said. Surefire goes on my guns because I trust them to be durable. That said I have picked up a couple Valkerie PL2s for testing.

Small Fenix flashlight that is durable? Does it have the exposed old school LED dome and single twist mode that is relatively low output? That's the E01. They've been making them for years in a few colors. I must have bought 50 or 60 of them and given them out as gifts or stashed them everywhere. The E05 is a similar twist operation that is multimode and comes in several colors. I have a few special versions they did in stainless steel that I wish they still sold.

Never been let down by any of their small flashlights, regardless of model. For that matter, I've never been let down by ANY Fenix light.

Clicky tail cap for on/off and temporary on. Side button to control 5 output settings plus a strobe. The second picture I posted lists the output options. Some nice, very usable choices.

The UC35 has been a big hit for Fenix and is extremely popular. I might have to pick one up to check out eventually. Thanks for the mini review.

Ha! Clearly I haven't gotten used to it being 2019 yet. :rolleyes:

But it's nice to have options. On a comparatively high use EDC light, I love using re-chargeables. It's nice know you can walk out of the house with a topped off light every day...or whenever you want. But something like a light for the car...that gets very low use but MUST work when you need it, is great to be able to use primary cells that have a nice long shelf life. The technology is clearly here. So why wouldn't a company build that into every light and give their customers options?

Hah! When I was asking questions about the small light, I was asking about bsa's bilge bound light.

That UC35 you posted is what I would consider a medium sized light. I like all the options it has but I always debate what a non-flashlight person would do if I handed them the light in a pinch. I play through the scenario of handing the light to a fellow camper or assisting someone broken down on a roadside at night. That's why I have mostly single mode lights with standard on/off mechanisms.

Btw, the Rayovak Indestructible 2xAA for $15 is a pretty decent basic light that nearly everyone can use if you need cheap loaner lights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top