JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if anyone noticed these at the Wal-Marts around the country yet. The way Wal-Mart logs in guns and completes 4473s is completely changed. There is now a computer at the Sporting Goods counter. :s0044:

The 4473 is now started on the computer. The customer enters their data, then the associate enters the store data and gun information before printing out the 4473, having the customer sign it, and calling in for a background check. This data is supposed to be secure... :s0131: but I see this driving away some customers, or at least more customers opting not to put their SSN on the form. :s0025:

All guns are logged into the computer instead of the old style books. I think it could use a little more finessing, but it isn't too bad for v1.0. If you are looking for a 20ga, the clerk can bring up the inventory, and then filter by make or caliber, or both. The system is pretty neat as there is no longer any looking through the books to find out what is in stock. If your 4473 is delayed they are now supposed to hold the gun for you, and the log will denote such a hold.

I believe that WalMart is easing out of the gun business. Of course, they will squeeze the last possible penny out of it first. I think that WalMart wants to get in the government's good graces (they probably think that that way they will be on the winning side in the long run). I won't miss them!

I've never paid much attention to the guns that WallyWorld has sold over the years (I'd much rather deal with a local gun shop and have done just that, every time out), but I would miss Walmart prices on range ammo. The Super WallyWorld in Redmond, Oregon, still offers rifles for sale.

I believe that WalMart is easing out of the gun business. Of course, they will squeeze the last possible penny out of it first. I think that WalMart wants to get in the government's good graces (they probably think that that way they will be on the winning side in the long run). I won't miss them!

Wal Mart, like any other company, is in business to make a profit. When certain product lines are no longer profitable, they will discontinue ordering them and put something else for sale in the space previously occupied. There are many Wal Mart stores which continue to offer several rifles and shotguns for sale and will continue as long as they are profitable.

Wal Mart, like any other company, is in business to make a profit. When certain product lines are no longer profitable, they will discontinue ordering them and put something else for sale in the space previously occupied. There are many Wal Mart stores which continue to offer several rifles and shotguns for sale and will continue as long as they are profitable.

Profitable until it becomes more profitable to suck up to the government.

From LoneRider's link:
The timing of the announcement was notable: A year ago this week, a gunman killed 32 people on the campus of Virginia Tech, and next week Pennsylvania holds its presidential primary.

I don't think wally-world having higher standards would have done anything to prevent this. How about Bloomberg focuses his energy on following up with failed psych-evals instead of legal gun purchases. Yay politics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top