JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some people may tell you that there is "no more" danger from a chambered striker fired than one with a DA first shot. I would say that there is and while the gun will not fire without pulling the trigger their have been significantly more instances of AD's from trigger slapping while (drawing) in a stressful situation on strikers than DA

I carry Khar sometimes and I have the round chambered but I wouldn't feel as comfortable in the 1 O'clock position as a DA

Functionally, I see not enough difference between a 8 lb stroke in DAO/Striker, or an 8 lb stroke in a DA/SA gun, I'd love to see how low some of the people who've shot themselves had set their trigger pulls to. I don't disagree with you that just about every case of gun-leg comes from being quick on the trigger, slow on the draw. Some triggers are just more likely to fall into this category than others.

You're a braver man than me, I wont go anywhere beyond 10 to 3 in my waistband.... and only 10 in a cavalry holster.

If I want a 4lb or less pull, I shoot .45 colt or .38 special in Single action.

Mind you, I'm warped from years of revolver use.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top